Reporting to the CEO, the Global Vice President, Customer is responsible for the end to end customer experience and lifecycle at Adthena. As a SaaS business our customers expect strong ongoing value from us and the success of our customers is absolutely vital to our long-term profitability. Adthena is seeking an executive leader to own driving success for our customers. The role includes responsibility for all customer success departments, outcomes and activities - including on-boarding, support, services, success management, adoption, advocacy and retention and outcomes like renewals and upsells. The role leads functional teams in Account Management, Customer Success, Customer Experience and Consulting.
The Customer function consists of all those departments directly concerned with the success of our customers and the end to end commercial relationship, from the point they become a customer, renewal and throughout their lifetime.
The team consists of:
Account Management - commercial ownership of the customer relationship
Customer Success - service delivery to ensure customers are successful
Customer Experience - onboarding and technical support
Business Intelligence - business analysis, standard and custom analysis and reporting, consulting
Main Responsibilities and Activities
Commercial Ownership - From the point of a sale closing, the Customer dept owns the commercial relationship with the customer through account management, including retention/renewals, upsells/downsells, stakeholder management, account planning and objective setting.
Customer Success - Ensuring the delivery of necessary services (paid & included) and education of clients to meet client stakeholder objectives, increase product usage and value for clients. Ultimately our successful clients will renew and provide advocacy. Customers are successful through customer success consultants, technical support and business intelligence consulting and analysis to solve customer problems.
Leadership & Customer Advocacy - The Global VP Customer is a key member of the exec leadership team, championing the voice of the customer and the ownership of the largest recurring revenue contribution each year and expanding it. Ownership of the Customer department budget and all team members to ensure maximum gross and net retention.
- Overall responsibility for our customer’s success
- Continue to increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Develop a customer community that drives advocacy and new business growth
- Bring SaaS Customer Success industry best practices to Adthena
- Manage Customer Success Teams and activities to deliver outcomes and unit economics
- Develop a world class Customer leadership team
- Foster cross functional collaboration within the team and across the customer lifecycle
- Along with the CEO help create company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Some travel to Austin TX and London UK will be required
- Operational leadership experience of account management and customer success functions in a high-customer-touch SaaS business with a similar average order value to Adthena (~$50k pa) selling to enterprise and mid-market clients
- 5+ years experience in leading customer-facing organisations
- Scaling a business from >$10m to >$50m ARR
- A strong understanding of SaaS customer success best practices
- Leadership of diverse, multi-functional and international teams
- Strong commercial skills and account management experience
- Relevant undergraduate or MBA degree or equivalent experience
- Enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Worked in companies with similar GTM as Adthena selling to B2C clients.
- Experience in companies between 100 - 500 people
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong commercial experience, ideally developed through both sales and post-sale experience
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in SaaS recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
Founded in 2012, Adthena is the market-leading intelligence platform for paid search advertising. Our unique combination of patented, AI-driven technology and world-class industry expertise helps businesses across the globe drive more value from their PPC budgets.
We give our customers a clear view of the competitive landscape, so they can set their paid search strategies for success. Our solutions are powered by our market-leading technology: Whole Market View creates a unique market map of a client’s entire search landscape, and Smart Monitor automatically detects threats and opportunities every day.
Backed by Updata Partners, Adthena works with 250+ enterprise and mid-market clients across a wide range of industries including finance, retail, gaming, automotive and technology. Brand customers include State Farm, Citibank, Home Depot, L’Oreal, Toyota, Nespresso, Qantas, Volkswagen, and Hilton. Agency customers include Dentsu, GroupM, and OMD. Adthena holds several leading industry awards, including the Drum Search Awards USA and the Search Engine Land Awards.
Adthena boasts a strong culture centred around our core values and inclusive of a diversity of people from 30 national backgrounds. Our success with people is reflected in strong Glassdoor reviews and team testimonials.