Tickets.com, an MLB company, delivers innovative, cutting-edge technologies to enable frictionless and unforgettable fan experiences in venues across the globe. Together with MLB, Tickets.com is changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry, delivering new digital venue and ticketing experiences to millions of fans. Our Technology team builds platforms and products that provide a new smart ticketing solution and venue experience. Using cutting-edge technology, our platform and applications are consumed by fans, stadiums, and MLB teams.
We are assembling a world-class team to build on these experiences and to scale platforms and products that anticipate emerging opportunities, including dynamic pricing and offers and digital, contactless ticketing. Our mission is to provide premium, innovative live experiences for our clients and their patrons.
Tickets.com is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Golang) passionate about building engaging products for our fans.
The Opportunity: As a Senior Software Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to write clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, mentor developers, and provide code reviews.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a large number of microservices used by mobile applications and all 30 Baseball clubs
- Develop solutions that leverage Firestore for real-time user interactions
- Manage, update, and maintain cloud infrastructure
- Develop front-end experiences that allow baseball clubs to manage experiences inside our mobile applications
- Develop, monitor, and maintain services to communicate with our fanbase. This includes push notifications, in-app messages, SMS notifications, and inbox messaging
- Lead and take ownership of critical projects and your own initiatives
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, developing, testing, deploying, operating, supporting, and maintenance)
- Work closely with the Product management team to design new features integrated into the platform
- Own portions of the backend architecture. You will be given the resources, support, and autonomy to drive solutions
- Work closely with the Ballpark mobile teams to create technical solutions that work across all mobile platforms.
- Work directly with our partners, who are industry leaders in cloud and mobile software
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other team members
- Participate in short-term planning of software projects
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), specifically Kubernetes.
- Experience with observability including using cloud native technologies and DataDog.
- 4+ years of software development experience in GoLang
- 3+ years of cloud experience managing infrastructure like Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, Big Query, etc.
- Ability to write public and private REST APIs in GoLang
- Experienced in building large and scalable applications using microservice design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of Agile process, CI/CD & build automation tools, and SRE best practices
- API design experience
- Passionate about mentoring peer developers, providing code reviews, etc.
We offer an Outstanding Benefits Package that includes:
- STD & LTD
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & AD&D
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO, STO, Holidays including Year-End Holiday Break)
- HSA & FSA
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Hybrid Work Environment
- MLB Tickets
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please click here to view our CCPA.