We are looking for multiple talented and passionate engineers who love to build products that have a tangible, positive impact on the world. We are opening a new Warsaw development office and are looking for talented graduates currently based in Poland to join us on permanent employment contracts.
Privitar is a dynamic, successful Data Privacy start-up headquartered in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organisations worldwide in healthcare, financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
We are backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian and Spotify. We have recently completed a $80 million Series C funding round, and are in a phase of hyper growth.
Ideal candidates for this role learn and adapt quickly. You’ll combine state-of-the-art technologies with leading-edge algorithms to understand and tackle hard data security and data anonymisation problems. You will also be involved in performance, integrations and UI.
Hiring & Onboarding during Covid-19
The Privitar team is working from home at this time, and our interviews across all roles have been adapted to operate fully remotely. As a result we’ve hired and onboarded more than 40 people virtually since the pandemic began. We have developed our ways of working to make sure new joiners feel part of our team straight away. No matter which office location, this includes virtual socials, monthly virtual company all hands, bi-weekly virtual lunches and cooking clubs. We’d love to hear from you to tell you more.
Our Engineering Culture
As engineers at Privitar, we are excited and engaged with the problems we are working on. We work together in small teams in a supportive way, developing our skills, learning from each other, and building on each other's ideas. We take a deep pride in the products we build and care about writing clear, well-tested code.
We have a positive, constructive and proactive approach and enjoy working to design and architect solutions, choose technologies, and constantly improve how we work as a team. We are not afraid to question something that might seem obvious or to give it a go and learn how to do things better.
- An excellent academic record, achieving a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Experience of coding, preferably in Java
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge of maths, big data, security or privacy.
- Good english communication skills
- You are keen to learn and contribute across both front and backend development.
- Evidence of interest in Software Engineering outside of academia, e.g. personal projects or internships.
- Interest in Big Data technologies, e.g. Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Hadoop
- A phone call with a member of our recruitment team to find out more about Privitar, and to get to know you
- One of the most interesting take home technical exercises you’ll see, designed by Privitar, unique to Privitar, relevant to Privitar
- A face to face interview in Warsaw followed by final interviews in London.