At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to create stunning designs that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, join us! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the team
The Canva for Education team believes that creativity and collaboration are essential skills for learners of all ages—and the team is excited to provide a free and accessible platform that allows students, teachers, parents and educators to build knowledge that matters.
To make that happen, the team needs beautiful and relevant educational designs—templates that anyone can pick up and use to support best-in-class learning, from kindergarten to university. As part of a vibrant global creative team, the Canva for Education Senior Graphic Designer will be responsible for contributing to the design of our educational templates library, across print, branding, digital, and interactive educational materials for students and teachers.
About the Role
The Mid-Senior Graphic Designer role for Canva for Education Templates will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing beautiful templates for our library. You’ll have the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, the freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create relevant, on-trend designs every day.
We'd love it if you have...
- 2-5+ years experience as a Graphic or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of designs
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing informative, relevant, and beautiful designs
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to brief illustrators, photographers and videographers to create beautiful and quality content
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
- And a love for education!
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Competencies for success
What you'll love in Canva...
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebration