At Rubrik, we’re creating a forward-thinking, design-oriented brand that will change the perception of user interface and experience in enterprise.
Our team members have built globally successful products, including YouTube, Google Maps, Facebook, and Apple iOS. Our goal is to bring the massive scale and simplicity of these products to manage business data worldwide.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer (EMEA) that wants to push the boundaries of design and create beautiful and compelling visuals to communicate the core Rubrik message.
As the Graphic Designer (EMEA), you will work out of our Amsterdam office along with a highly cross-functional team of marketing, product, brand, and business leaders to bring our ideas to life with your creative execution and expertise. Join us!
What You Will Do
- Find new opportunities for design to have a big impact on business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders to build our brand–visual design, brand tone/voice, etc.
- Create brand assets to be used in marketing–e.g. icons, illustrations, photography, etc.
- Design visually impactful and memorable campaign, event, print, and digital experiences.
- Independently manage internal requests, as well as external agencies and partners.
What You Bring To The Role
- Strong design fundamentals: You create work that shows you have strong foundational roots in design. You have a high standard of craft and care about the details. You are always seeking new ways to improve your skills and grow as a designer.
- Design-thinking: You know how to speak to non-designers about design. You demonstrate the value of design-thinking in your process. You think conceptually and strategically, helping the organization see the opportunities for the brand to evolve and grow.
- Problem-solving: You see design as a means for solving problems. You approach complex challenges head-on, deconstruct them to uncover the opportunities, and come out on the other side with a design solution that is demonstrably better. You must also be able to realize ideas by managing timelines and budgets.
- Planning: You can prioritize your work and adopt the right processes to help you execute. You set appropriate expectations with stakeholders and coordinate on deliverables and timing. You can break down a long-term idea into achievable milestones.
- Communication: You seek feedback early and often. You articulate your process and design choices. You encourage critique and respectful discourse. You balance an empathetic, open-mind with strong convictions. You clearly communicate ideas when presenting work.
- Teamwork: You are low ego, and find inspiration in the talent around you. You encourage others to think creatively. You see opportunities for design to help all functions in the organization, and feel comfortable working on projects that may span multiple departments.
What You Will Need
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience at a design studio, agency, or in-house design department.
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates both strategic and conceptual design, and also tells a complete story of how you solved for the design objective.
- Mastery of composition, typography, color, and imagery.
- Strong visual design and storytelling skills.
- Strong illustration and layout skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in video, motion graphics, events and/or UI/UX is a plus.