Role Type: 6 Month Contract
Our Creative Marketing team is a dynamic and electric group of talented people all working to a common goal of producing great content for our audiences across all THE ICONICs platforms.
Our team's skill set is diverse and rich in experience in everything from creative direction, styling, producing, graphic design, copywriting, photographer, motion and much more. Our approach to work is collaborative, we are stronger together.
- Understand our audience by creating digitally-focused, commercially-viable designs in support of our brand, supporting the senior creative team in bringing to life the creative vision for THE ICONIC.
- Creatively develop THE ICONIC’s visual brand identity and take an active role to ideate concepts with the team, working with creative leads and external stakeholders through all design stages from initial brief, iterations to delivery.
- Partner and engage with cross-functional departments on day-to-day design needs to deliver multi-platform digital designs across all platforms (ranging from web, app, social and print, to large-scale designs for interiors and events).
- Work to deadlines with a keen eye for detail, accountability and organisational skills.
- Ensure all design fall within publication and company style guides and standards.
- Assist in the development of systems, policies and strategies, which support the graphics team in producing work of superior quality.
- Collaborate with the team to share knowledge and design feedback.
- Determine design quality control standards; adhering to all company policy and external regulatory bodies, ensuring health and safety standards are met.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- An ability to multitask and problem solve autonomously and resiliently.
- A strong portfolio of digital work, with exceptional ideation and executional skills, and 3 to 4 years experience as a graphic designer.
- A strong portfolio of outstanding graphic design and typography skills with a heavy focus on digital and branding.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft PowerPoint / Google Slides and Sketch.
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into engaging designs with high visual impact.
- Confident and collaborative approach to concept work and ideation.
- Understands the strength of storytelling and creates pages that complement and bring to life the editorial content created by the wider team.
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadline-focused, especially when under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain something to a non-designer quickly and with patience.
- Exposure to social media projects is highly desirable.
- Video and animation skills advantageous.
- An enthusiastic attitude and a genuine love of our brand.
- An innate digital- and mobile-first approach to creating content.
Location and Key Extras
This role is usually based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.