The YouVersion Social Media Graphic Designer primarily creates original artwork to support YouVersion social media, content, and marketing campaigns.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
This role will directly create highly viewed, engaging images for YouVersion, while working in collaboration with other teams to ensure images meet the audience's needs.
What You'll Do
- Working from a creative brief, develop designs in collaboration with other creatives.
- Create designs specifically for social media accounts, emails, blog posts, and other platforms as requested.
- Occasionally create Verse of the Day images and other similar, highly engaging images to be used in the YouVersion application.
- Review the feedback received for designs, making modifications where needed.
- Collaborate with the Localization team when designs need to be translated into different languages for various audiences.
- Assist with graphic design outside of typical scope, as directed by leadership.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Exceptional creative skills with the ability to create unique content.
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to foster partnerships.
- Effective at process and organizational management to coordinate, structure, and provide vision to projects.
- Experience working with: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Figma.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Please include a portfolio or a link to your past work when submitting your application.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.