The role of Graphic Production Designer (contract), located in Emeryville, CA, will be responsible for print and digital production for the Biossance brand. This position will report primarily to the Sr. Digital Art Director with a dotted line to the Sr. Print & Visual Merchandising Art Director for print projects.
You are creative and forward-thinking, dependable, and follow through on commitments to meet agreed-upon deadlines with minimal supervision. We are looking for a meticulous and thoughtful person who can maintain, evolve, and elevate the Biossance brand standards. You live and breathe design, typography, color theory, consistency and composition. You will be responsible for extending campaign hero designs across a variety of digital platforms including site, email, social, and paid media. When needed, you will support the print team to create pixel-perfect comps for packaging and print media. The ideal candidate is a true collaborator at heart and have a real love and appreciation for design and designed products that resonate with the customer.
- Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Production and updates of brand guidelines, campaign assets, and presentations; creation of new digital and packaging design templates
- Implements the brand tone + voice through design across all touch points of the brand
- Interface with external vendors as needed for work such as retouching, illustrators, photographers, videographers, print vendors, etc
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail with minimal supervision
- Prioritize and manage own workload while taking ownership of deadlines across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently to anticipate problems before they arise; find solutions and follow-up on own initiative
- Build accurate and print-ready packaging files that meet our existing guidelines
- Standardize and update packaging designs for consistency, create mechanicals in multiple languages for global expansion
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required
- 5+ years of production design experience for both digital and print assets
- Expertise in creating digital experiences (web, app, and/or product) across mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Strong visual design sense, outstanding typography & layout skills, keen eye for detail, color and consistent brand identity systems
- Keen understanding of digital design best practices for email, site, social and paid content
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, Digital Publishing Suite, Microsoft Word, Google Sheets/Docs/Boards, InMotion and/or other proprietary project and asset management systems a plus. Proficient in Power Point, Keynote and Excel a plus.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, sense of humor, and can work independently and values collaboration and feedback
- Passion for clean beauty
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embrace Amyris Core Values and a passion for Clean Beauty
- Adherence to Amyris Safety Policies and Procedures
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.