Vox.com is a user's guide to the news, helping readers make sense of everything from the 2016 election to Game of Thrones. Every day we move quickly to deliver the best context, reporting, and analysis on the news that matters most for our readers.
We want to create the single best resource for news consumers anywhere. And if it’s going to be the best resource, it needs to be more than a puddle of words. So we’re looking for a graphics reporter to join our graphics and data team and help expand our storytelling capabilities.
The ideal candidate is one who wants to tell stories using visual mediums that range from animation and cartoons to data visualizations and GIFs. This could be one-day turnaround stories that chart a candidate’s tax plan or map an international conflict, multi-day projects that dig deeper into ongoing news stories, and everything in between.
We’re open to candidates who either have a subject area of expertise they want to dig into (tell us about it in your application!) or are excited to jump on different news stories as they break. In either case, we are seeking applicants who can thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, and growing newsroom that constantly experiments with the best way to tell a great story.
The chosen candidate will join a family of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about creating for the web. If you are looking for a fast-paced, ridiculously fun, innovative place to work, Vox is for you.
Our Graphics Reporter will:
• Pitch, research, and create visual stories for Vox.com
• Collaborate with the newsroom, identifying and executing visual opportunities to tell stories
• Experiment with new methods of visual storytelling
• Work on short-, medium-, and long-term projects, with the ability to balance breaking news with longer evergreen stories
• Excellent news judgment, with the ability to collect, research, and analyze data from diverse sources
• Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects) and other visualization tools
• Design and illustration skills applied to tell rich visual stories, and experience leveraging visual to convey information, not decoration
• Capacity to react to breaking news and create visual stories on a tight deadline
Is this you? Please send us a resume and a statement (250 words or less) about why you’d like to work on Vox’s data and graphics team. With your statement, please include 3 links to previous work. We prefer to base this role in DC, but we're open to remote candidates.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
This job has been filled or removed by Vox Media.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Graphics Reporter job post.✕