There are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world. A large percentage of these apps require users to register, log in, etc. Okta wants to be the foundation upon which all these apps are built.
Our goal is to become the most used authentication and authorization service for developers worldwide.
To do this, we need your help!
We are looking for a seasoned product marketer with deep developer empathy to lead go-to-market for our free and paid Developer Editions. In this role, you will work cross-functionally across the customer and product lifecycle to listen closely to developers, shape the product, attract hobbyists to enterprise developers, drive monetization and ensure developers are wildly successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the Voice of the Developer, including developer needs, expectations and product understanding when it comes to the identity landscape for application development.
- Closely partner with product management, engineering, developer support and evangelism to 1) ensure we are delivering on end to end scenarios that quickly allow developers to get started and go live in production and 2) create and execute well-received product feature launches.
- Leverage product usage and other data to drive acquisition, conversion and expansion.
- Develop and implement use case and product messaging and positioning for Okta’s Developer Editions; working cross-functionally to execute. Champion product positioning, strategic technology and channel partner engagement, developer engagement, validate market messaging and evangelize your product offerings both internally and externally.
- Evangelize developer experience within Okta, delivering content and training to the field and marketing organizations. Deliver key messages that enable our marketing execution team and PR agencies to execute relevant digital and event-based campaigns and programs.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of product management, solutions marketing or product marketing experience for an enterprise-focused software, SaaS, or web services company.
- Proven track record of working with and marketing to a developer audience. Previous experience developing applications in modern programming languages/frameworks a plus. Prior experience working on a self-service or freemium offering a plus.
- Proven track record of creating product messaging and content
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Passion for measurement, metrics, and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Project management skills, can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. MBA a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.