"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is growing quickly, and our Ads team continues to grow after doubling in size in 2019. We are looking for a PM leader who will lead the Ads Marketplace PM group and report directly into the VP of Ads Monetization. This PM group covers areas of ads delivery, quality, relevance, ML optimization & modeling.
As a leader in a fast-growing team, you will have lots of ownership and impact in shaping the next generation of our Ads platform and products, on the way to powering Reddit’s monetization success.
- This is a senior leadership role, involving building and managing a team of Product Managers. The role is responsible for the overall charter of the Ads Marketplace PM group (ads delivery, quality, relevance, ML optimization & modeling). As a very senior member of the Ads team, you will be responsible for contributing to the team’s overall product strategy and alignment with business goals
- Some details of this PM group’s responsibilities:
- Build products and drive analysis that allow us to deeply understand what is happening in our ads marketplace
- Campaign delivery management: improve systems that manage how we deliver against advertiser goals and budgets, encompassing aspects of pacing, impression frequency management, etc.
- Auction dynamics and operating point controls: evolve our platform to define and build advanced marketplace controls, across different campaign objectives and bidding models
- Pricing analysis and revenue forecasting: collaborate with BizOps and Sales Finance to enable forecasts and optimizations of the marketplace
- Ad quality & relevance: scoring and ranking of ad placement opportunities based on ads quality and relevance of ads to users
- ML Optimization & modeling: launching ML models that optimize ad placement opportunities against a variety of objectives
Collaborate closely with Engineering to ideate, prioritize and deliver great results in the above-mentioned areas
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to develop go-to-market strategy and manage launches of new products and features
- Work with leadership team to create new vision and processes that enable the growing Ads team to work more effectively and be a market leader
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, including 2+ years working on a large-scale ads marketplace
- Previous people management experience (building & leading a team) will be a big plus
- You have excellent analytical sense and have experience driving products & business decisions that involve quantitative analysis and experimentation
- You have exceptional problem-solving, project management and organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- You are a compelling influencer with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You can empathize with and anticipate the needs of a diverse set of customers, and have worked directly with Sales and Marketing
- You are highly analytical and understand how to measure success and use metrics to optimize products
- You have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical expertise