Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
To build a better food system, we make conscious grocery shopping as effortless as subscribing to your favorite magazine. Busy shoppers navigate the trade-offs between convenience, price, and sustainability on a weekly basis. Your job will be to show them they don’t have to.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader who will relish solving these problems and more. As the Group Product Manager responsible for our core customer experience teams you will lead a small team of robust product managers to ensure a consistent vision for the entire customer journey across our platforms. As a player-coach you will also lead the creation of a new, native mobile experience by thinking deeply about how consumers buy food - from pre-planning throughout the week, to shopping, to post-purchase. You will have the unique opportunity to craft a product roadmap for a large part of the business as well as influence product strategy, process, and culture. Product at Imperfect is a growing team who works cross-functionally with Engineering, Product Design, User Research, Merchandising and multiple other stakeholder partners to achieve Imperfect’s mission.
- Develop and mentor: you will maintain a high bar for the success of your team ensuring they are capable and accountable for achieving results-oriented outcomes.
- Managing, recruiting and hiring: supervise two product managers focused on new customer experience and core shopping/discovery. Recruit a third product manager to focus on customer engagement.
- Excellence in execution: expand on our existing systems and processes to ensure high velocity development from each of your teams.
- Lead the early evolution of our native mobile experience: work with your design and engineering partners to launch Imperfect’s first native mobile app.
- Lead all aspects of and deliver valuable improvements to Imperfect’s core customer experience that drive the growth of our business - improving customer acquisition, retention, and value.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Consistent record of delivering results-oriented outcomes that grow the business; consumer mobile experience a strong plus.
- Strong metrics orientation and deep familiarity with eCommerce growth metrics
- Steadfast focus on execution you have succeeded in accomplishing what others thought was not possible.
- Ability to influence and inspire across an organization - fluent in vision creation, strategy, and value creation.
- Establishing baselines, setting SMART goals, and measuring success is second nature to you.
- Technical fluency across the whole stack -- you can keep up with engineering discussions, even though you also know what you don’t know.
- Previous experience working directly with a consumer product.
- Previous experience mentoring and managing product managers.
- Previous professional experience in growth, design, or engineering
- Experience working on consumer product with offline components
- Experience working with real-world logistics
- Invested - you care about seeing others succeed
- Cool as a cucumber - you prefer thinking over reacting
- Hyper-organized - in your thoughts and how you communicate
- Doer - you like ideas, but you like execution even better
- Customer focused and data-informed
- Curious, passionate, and positive
Details of Position:
- Position reports to Chief Product Officer.
- Remote-first, with access to offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and other locations around the country
- Full-time, exempt position
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, and free groceries!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.