Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s mission
is to transform early education for every teacher, child, and parent — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a distributed team, with offices in San Francisco, Denver, and Austin along with fully remote team members. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced Product Leader to oversee a business-critical area of brightwheel’s product. Our Billing product is used by thousands of schools across the continent to manage one of the trickiest and time-consuming aspects of their business -- collecting payments from families. By streamlining this process as much as possible, teachers and admins can spend more time where they actually want to -- spending time with the children.
We are a product-driven company and have a high bar for everything product related - strategy, quality, prioritization, learning, growth, etc. This role is cross functional by definition. You'll partner closely with Design, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Enablement, and Sales. We are a lean, fast-moving team.
This is an individual contributor role at first, with an imminent opportunity to build a small team that will grow with our expanding Billing business.
What You'll Do
- Develop an extraordinary amount of empathy for the people who handle billing at schools and use that persona to inform everything you do
- Understand the broader company strategy and goals and ensure your group is working on the right things to have meaningful impact
- Create and maintain the product strategy and priorities for your group, making sure the most important initiatives are properly resourced
- Lead your own pod and any other pods within your group with an outcome-oriented approach
- Independently leading large, cross-functional projects to deliver excellent results
- Being data driven in your approach to product development and experience in conducting analysis + employing data in the product process
- Close collaboration with Sales, Customer Success, and Support
- Partner with Design to create a world-class user experience
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 8+ years of Product Management experience - creating, launching, and iterating on consumer facing products
- Previous experience managing and hiring Product Managers strongly preferred
- Previous experience working on Billing and Accounting products preferred
- Deep user empathy and experience with user research
- Ability to roll up your sleeves, move quickly, and achieve outcomes in short time
- Strong team player: able to support + collaborate with ease across engineering, design, and operations
- Bonus: A passion for improving the world through education
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.