Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As the Technical Product Manager for Payments, you will build and improve Affirm payment systems that facilitate money movement and exchange of value while also fueling growth for our business. You will bring payments industry expertise to the team, define specifications, participate in weekly team syncs, manage roadmaps, ensure safe and efficient payment processing, and prioritize development capacity. You will ensure strategic direction and effective detailed plans are in place from architecture to operations to go-to-market. You are able to concisely communicate complex concepts, operate in a regulatory environment, and are passionate about beautiful product UX and API design.
The scope of this role includes integrations with payment providers, designing new payment methods, monitoring the data from our payment systems, and collaborating with our Trust & Safety and Capital teams. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product for Foundations, which consists of Machine Learning, Trust & Safety, Identity, Repayments, Capital Technology, Payments, and Care product teams.
What You'll Do
- Develop features and capabilities to facilitate payments
- Oversee the development and management of real-time systems to record revenue and costs
- Design and build payment and banking services that create a delightful user experience
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process
- Define the success metrics and OKRs by partnering with cross functional leaders
- Demonstrate data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track product success or lack of thereof
- Understand financial and operational inefficiencies and optimize processes
- Work closely with all product teams, business, ops, and executive stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery
What We Look For
- 7+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 4+ years of experience with payments in e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Experience defining strategic vision and tactical execution to build large scale payments platforms
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Familiarity with a highly regulated industry
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here
and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.