We're looking for an experienced technical Product Manager to help us build a world-class platform to support the millions of event creators and consumers who rely on Eventbrite to help them get together, explore their interests, and pursue their passions through live experiences. Improving and optimizing developer velocity and infrastructure reliability, performance, and scale are key to achieving our ambitious technical vision and high-growth business strategy.
If you are passionate about serving the needs of internal engineers, well-versed in cloud infrastructure, and energized to shape and implement Eventbrite's Platform vision, let's talk about how you can join us as we empower millions of event creators and attendees globally by transforming and delivering a platform that can seamlessly scale to support our growing user base.
You’ll be joining a global team of experienced and talented Product Managers, Engineers and Designers who are focused on empowering our development teams to evolve their features autonomously without having to worry about the infrastructure their services rely on. Our Platform teams help Eventbrite’s developers achieve the highest levels of personal productivity, product quality, and job satisfaction while continuously optimizing the reliability, performance, and cost of our cloud infrastructure.
Reporting to the Head of Platform Product, you will manage a team of technical product managers in close collaboration with the platform engineering teams, program management, design, finance, and legal teams. This role is highly cross-functional as the platform teams support the product engineering teams in building innovative and differentiated capabilities to support the high growth of Eventbrite's business. You will be responsible for identifying key opportunities, creating a compelling vision for your product group, defining a strategy, and leading teams to ship high quality solutions. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team, directly impact hundreds of internal engineers and millions of external users, and drive our Platform to achieve leading-edge reliability, performance, and cost efficiency.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in product/program management, preferably for developer-facing technical products and platforms
- Minimum 3 years of experience in direct team management with a proven track record of building and retaining high performing teams
- Strong technical acumen, in particular a solid understanding of cloud-native infrastructure and architecture
- Deep empathy for developers at various skill levels and the challenges they encounter, along with a solid understanding of best practices in the areas of DevOps, microservices, CI/CD, observability, and validation
- Consistent track record of bringing strong product thinking to internal solutions and infrastructure
- Experience leading teams in a fast-paced environment driving prioritization across a portfolio of efforts, incorporating new business realities and technological advancements along the way, especially around developer experience and cloud infrastructure
- Strong bias for action balanced with deep experience driving product alignment across multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills that enable clear articulation of vision, strategy, and execution
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- Strong prioritization and focus, including comfort making tradeoffs with incomplete information
- Ability to influence team members across all departments and levels of the organization
- Ability to rapidly understand user needs, respond to tight deadlines, and deliver solutions that drive key business metrics
- Adept at thinking strategically and maintaining a big picture perspective
- 4-year degree BS/BA in a technical, business or other analytical field required
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to providing competitive, valuable and meaningful benefits for our Britelings.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace. Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion work for our team, culture, and community.
We offer comprehensive benefits and a wellness package above and beyond standard medical benefits to support our Britelings’ lifestyle.
Eventbrite's global benefit programs are designed to meet you where you are by offering resources and support for your health, well-being, finances, and family. This includes support in a remote/hybrid environment, wellness allowance, Carrot family planning benefit, Origin Financial Planning service, and other offerings to ease the mind and body like Modern Health and BriteBreaks (generally the first Friday of every month off).
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing, marketing, and experience technology platform that serves a consumers and event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. With over 280 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2022, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.