There are almost 19,000 restaurants in New York City. But every day, at lunch and dinner—between schedules and cravings and budgets and boredom with our existing options—most of us aren’t excited about where we’re going, or what we’re ordering. Which is why we’re building Maple.
Menus that change daily. Food made with the best and freshest ingredients, prepared by chefs who have run some of NYC’s top restaurants. We aim to make it all so deliciously, that you’ll want to eat it every day. And we price it so that you can—bringing it straight to your door, in three clicks … maybe four.
Maple is backed by Greenoaks Capital, Thrive Capital, Primary Venture Partners and David Chang & The Momofuku Restaurant Group, among others. Our investors have invested in Instagram, Warby Parker, Harry’s, Spotify, Oscar Health, Instacart, Palantir and Flipkart, to name a few.
THE POSITION: GROWTH ANALYTICS MBA INTERN
Maple is looking for a Growth Analytics Intern with a passion for reimagining the way everyone eats to help identify growth opportunities and areas for improvement. You’ll be in charge of setting up and managing our analytics to help test hypotheses and identify growth opportunities for the company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to become the expert on how Maple acquires users, optimizes menu performance, and improves logistics.
- Manage Maple's analytical framework. Create dashboards, reports and analyses and monitor performance to identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Monitor customer behavior. Take a deep dive into Maple's customer data to identify different types of users and generate strategies for building loyalty, engagement, and better experiences.
- Playbook. Build out reports and analyses that will scale as the business grows across New York and into new markets.
- Build expertise. Become an expert on the food delivery space and how to best position and sell the Maple product offering. Have a pulse on food trends, consumer needs, and cost-effective marketing channels
- Monitor and optimize. Set, track and exceed acquisition and activation targets, obsessively monitoring goals and performance
- Product analysis. Analyze Maple’s product funnel. Identify opportunities for improvement and optimize conversion paths
- Analyze Menu Performance. Work with the growth and menu development team to analyze past performance of Maple's menu to set the direction of where the menu should go next.
- Marketing analysis. Analyze, and interpret data for marketing campaigns across all channels to hep guide where time and dollars are spent.
- You have a passion for food and technology and are looking to help build the next great food company
- You speak up whenever you have a question or something goes wrong
- You can manage the fast-paced day-to-day tasks, as well as step back to think creatively and contemplate the long-term vision
- You have a good gut instinct and can problem solve on the fly, but are data driven in your decision making
- You are upbeat and a hustling self-starter – you don’t wait for someone to ask you to do something and propose new ideas
- You are very organized, detail and process oriented, and can handle multiple work streams at once
- You are truly a team player and make those around you better
- You are extremely data-focused and great at translating large, imperfect data sets into actionable results
- You are scrappy and will be tight-fisted with the marketing budget, but will double down when you have conviction
- You geek out on analytics and are a student of what products and strategies are becoming best practice
ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience in a similar role or relevant field (analytics, eingineering, consulting) and experience in data analysis
- A strong track record setting up and managing analytics for a fast growing business
- A wizard in Excel, Google Analytics, Google Apps, RJ Metrics, Tableau, or similar BI solutions
- Expert in all things business analytics related, including A/B testing, marketing attribution, ROI analysis, and user research
- Proven record of conversion rate optimization across the product, landing pages, ads, and content
- Experience running analysis across multiple products (i.e. ESPs, mobile tracking providers, CRMs)
- Experience working closely with product and engineering teams in an early stage, fast growing business
- You have a quantitative background. A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a marketing, math, economics, business, finance, engineering, analytics, or a related discipline is preferred
We are looking for bright, motivated and grounded people to help us grow. As a young but quickly developing company, this is a chance to build something from the ground up—conceptualize, evolve, tweak and, hopefully, thereby reimagine the way everyone eats.