Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else. We create entirely new products from scratch and turn promising concepts into prototypes, and ultimately an MVP, validating decisions commercially along the way to attract a founding team that can spin out into a fully-fledged business.
Project Renbee is one of our latest products developed at the Factory and now we need a Growth Co-founder to join our CEO to help build this business.
🧐 What is the Renbee concept at high level?
Cowboy builders simply aren't good enough. Reputable renewables installers have to compete on price with cowboys, homeowners don't know who they can trust to come into their house and not ruin it. We create a curated platform that reinstates the trust between homeowner, installer and can provide embedded finance on the back of that to turbo charge the net zero transition. Read more here.
⏰ Why now?
The climate crisis has shone a spotlight on the need to decarbonise our homes, the cost of living crisis has shifted economics to make the payback to shifting to Solar PV, heat pumps etc. even more attractive. Now’s the time to strike and disrupt the cycle.
🍏 The Impact
If we can raise the bar for installers, we raise the bar for homeowners and finally for financial institutions to help accelerate finance to both sides. In turn, that will accelerate the movement, one good installer can address 10 homes a month so there’s a factor 10 effect. By creating a quality first platform, this will lead to faster decarbonisation, reduce the costs for all parties and increase confidence at the cold face to invest in more green jobs.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Pre-Seed Growth Co-founder to join our team and help build this impactful solution. The ideal candidate will have experience in building and growing marketplaces, or curation platforms and their vetting processes, quality control and aftercare. Ideally with some background in or love for UX and design thinking, and knows how to create a well loved brand with high-quality reputation.
As the Growth Co-founder, you will be responsible for building a high quality curation / vetting process for installers, developing the roadmap for growth and hyperscale as well as establishing partnerships with relevant organisations to help accelerate growth. This includes developing the UX and design, creating the branding strategy, and implementing the marketing model.
Additionally, you will be responsible for overseeing the curation process, ensuring that installers meet the required standards of quality and value. If you’ve ever carved out a high-quality niche within a fairly commoditised marketplace we’d love to speak to you.
If you lean more product-y or UX-y rather than growth / design-y, but think this would be a good fit we’d also be very happy to talk to you - we can shape this role to fit the candidate.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies for the company's growth and profitability
- Establish and manage the curation process end to end
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of the company's brand and market placement
- Lead the company's sales, marketing, and customer service efforts
- Monitor external trends and developments in the industry, and identify and capitalize on opportunities for growth
- Cultivate relationships with vendors, partners, and customers to increase business opportunities
- Collaborate with other co-founders to ensure a cohesive and unified team.
What’s in it for you?
- As part of the founding team, a significant equity position in the business
- Working with a strong people person CEO / Founder with industry experience, MBB and fintech hyper growth
- Competitive starting salary so we don’t have to worry about fundraising early on
- Autonomy to build & scale the marketplace as you see fitHands-on operational support from a team of smart and passionate people from Founders Factory
- Unparalleled access to FF partners and wider network (for life!)
- A unique opportunity to build a business that will scale fast whilst having a meaningful impact on the net zero transition
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.