At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We inspire people to keep learning.
Blinkist offers the best selection of nonfiction knowledge, all in an app that makes it easy to fit learning into your life. Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Blinkist was created in 2012 right in the heart of Berlin. We’ve been selected as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany by LinkedIn, and are amongst Berlin’s top 3 employers based on Glassdoor and Kununu ratings.
Team: Business Intelligence
Location: Berlin or Remotely from Germany, the UK, Spain, or Finland.
Contract: Unlimited at 40h per week
Working hours: Flexible working hours with a great policy for working from home
Apply by: Oct 02, 2020
Tracking: Piwik (web) & In-House Event Tracking (mobile)
Payment Processing: Recurly, Stripe, Paypal, App Stores
Storage (Data Lakehouse): AWS S3, Redshift Spectrum, Redshift
Transformation: Matillion ETL
Analysis, Visualization & Storytelling: Periscope Data (Sisense), Amplitude, Jupyter Notebooks, Streamlit
At Blinkist, we continuously iterate on the conversion funnel – from signup to purchase, onboarding, and the trial experience. This is where we communicate the right value proposition, surface key functionality, and start creating first memorable experiences for our users. As Growth Analyst of our seven people Business Intelligence team, you will become the go-to person in our cross-functional teams specializing in conversion both on mobile and web. You’ll be continuously ideating, A/B testing, and analyzing vast amounts of data to uncover new opportunities. In addition to being an active contributor, you’ll provide strategic input to leadership and collaborate closely with the teams working on user acquisition and engagement to devise a seamless user journey.
– You work end-to-end and take part in all stages of the analytical process. This includes cleaning raw data, defining tracking requirements and key metrics, generating dashboards, performing investigations, troubleshooting and presenting findings.
– You are part of our cross-functional missions and collaborate closely with stakeholders from marketing, product management, data engineering, data science, CRM, design, user research, and engineering to ultimately create exceptional user journeys.
– You leverage your expertise, market research as well as learnings from A/B tests and analysis to strategize with product managers on the product roadmap. You proactively deliver valuable insights and are an ambassador for data driven decision making.
– You are a link to data engineering and data science on initiatives that need their involvement. You also have the opportunity to collaborate hands on and develop new skills in these areas if you like.
To be successful in this role, we think you should have gained solid experience in a conversion focused cross-functional team, putting you on track towards a senior role. This would usually equate to 2+ years of experience, e.g. in a junior or mid level role working either on web and / or mobile platforms. To be more precise, you should demonstrate …
– A strong analytical foundation: Advanced SQL skills, experience working with dashboarding and data modeling tools, experience in A/B testing, and good knowledge of Python.
– Strong business acumen, sense of ownership, and a growth mindset. You own your metrics, strive to move them, and you are driven by the impact you have on them.
– Collaborative mindset in working closely with both business and technical stakeholders in an agile environment.
– Pragmatic and practical when faced with complex challenges. Able to propose, sort out and prioritize work that generates real value for the organization.
– [BONUS] Experience working with the AWS ecosystem, in particular, Redshift.
– [BONUS] Experience working with Amplitude.
Beyond that, we want to hear from you: Why is this role a great fit for you?
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we’ve flipped the script and moved beyond rigid classic management hierarchies. Instead, our Blinkist Operating System
fosters a unique company culture valuing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, transparency, and mutual support.
We offer a permanent role based in Berlin-Neukölln. Our perks don't try to keep you at the office and you can decide on your hours or work remotely whenever you like. We support each other and carve out opportunities for you to grow in your skillset and career. At Blinkist, leadership is a sparring partner, not a micromanager. To find out more about life at Blinkist, visit our careers site
This role is based in our Berlin office or remotely from Germany, the UK, Spain, or Finland with regular travel to Berlin. Please send your application by Oct 02nd, 2020. We can't wait to hear from you!