Growth Lead, Mexico
Stripe supports 32 countries today, and we’re rapidly expanding around the globe.
You will be the lead person for our expansion in Mexico and you’ll develop Stripe’s brand in the local startup and developer community, sell into key customers, and establish and manage relationships with local partners. You will represent Stripe across all our LATAM markets externally, and help to build out a team.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual with the right mix of entrepreneurial instincts, technical curiosity, strategic thinking, and sales skills. Stripe is on a hyper-growth trajectory and a successful candidate shall have an impactful role on Stripe’s growth in Mexico.
- Develop our growth and go-to-market strategy and lead its execution
- Be responsible for Stripe’s regional new business metrics
- Help shape the product roadmap and support needs based on local market insights
- Help to build out the LATAM team broadly, and specifically the Revenue & Growth team
- Identify high-potential prospective users and grow new revenue from businesses of all sizes
- Build and maintain relationships with executives and product teams of existing and potential users
- Represent the Stripe brand in Mexico (media, events, VC’s, etc)
- Make a real impact on the future of Stripe
Our ideal candidate:
- Strategic/ analytical thinker: 10+ years of experience in consulting, VC/PE, or any other analytical/ strategic role within a rapidly growing company
- Entrepreneur and executioner: you have a bias for action and are able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment; you are independent and get energy from building things from scratch
- Extravert/ charisma: you love connecting with people, whether it’s a key community member, partner, or potential customer; also, you’re able to represent Stripe in the press and at events
- Knack for sales: you have a successful track record in sales
- Techie: you’re passionate about the start-up communities and new technology businesses
- Previous experience at a growth stage Internet/ software company
- Local knowledge: you have lived and worked extensively in Mexico; you have fluent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
Nice to haves:
- Technical experience
- Experience in the payments space
- Fluency in Portuguese