Help us to grow our business in APAC
Rainmaking is a startup studio. We started out building new ventures as entrepreneurs in the wild, had some good success. We still do that, but nowadays we also build new ventures in collaboration with corporate partners.
We’ve spent the last few years establishing our business in APAC, with a headquarters in Singapore and offices in Japan and Australia.
We’re now looking for someone to help us continue this journey, working with our APAC leadership team to establish new venture building partnerships with corporations to accelerate the growth of our business in the region.
The Growth Manager position:
The Growth Manager is a key member of Rainmaking's regional business development team, helping to fuel Rainmaking's growth by establishing partnerships with large corporations.
Our regional business development team (CEO, COO & VP Corporate Ventures) measure their overall success on three metrics:
- Are we growing the size of our business in APAC?
- Are we building exciting ventures with partners who stimulate and stretch us?
- Are our partners seeing an amazing return on their investment working with us?
You will work directly with our regional leadership team to help power these three outcomes. That makes this a hugely varied role with a very direct and visible impact. You will be part of a tight-knit, diverse and ambitious team.
Whilst we don’t expect candidates to have deep experience in every one of these areas, great candidates will likely have a track record in at least 2 of the following:
- Ideation and scoping of growth opportunities, either for corporations or in a startup/VC environment
- New business creation, including venture building, innovation, growth strategy and venture capital
- Business development and sales for service-based businesses (e.g. management consulting, creative agencies, etc)
Great candidates will probably also identify with at least 5-6 of the following:
- One day you’d like to have your own business, but not yet
- You thrive when chasing ambitious goals
- People comment on how quickly you learn
- You find it easy to empathise with people and have good emotional intelligence
- You enjoy communicating in writing
- You have owned and successfully delivered projects that involved multiple stakeholders and team members
- Learning is one of your top priorities for any job you take
- You appreciate aesthetics and have a good visual eye
- Working in teams is your preference, but you’re not scared to work independently
- You find it easy to prioritise and manage your own workload
- You think you’re probably more open-minded than the average person
Our non-negotiables are that you are kind, honest and motivated by making a real impact through your work.
It will be an energising environment. It will be challenging, entrepreneurial and at times scrappy. You will work with passionate, ambitious people, enthused by building businesses and having a positive impact on the world. You will be tasked with significant responsibilities. You will learn a lot. You will be valued, appreciated and believed in.
Our Values & Culture:
Rainmaking has a strong ethical codex. It encompasses not just what we do, but how we do it. Just as we hope you are the one to make a difference, we want to make sure that our values are aligned.
We strive to recruit, employ, train, compensate and compensate regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
We want to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and stay to do their best work. We might not do everything perfectly just yet and would like to hear your feedback and suggestions if you think there are areas in which we could improve, or if you believe we have not provided you with a fair opportunity.