At Surkus, our mission is to create more meaningful connections between people and brands through memorable experiences in the real and digital worlds.
We are founded on a simple value exchange:
1. Our members get free access to paid events and digital offers from our partners.
2. Our partners receive meaningful engagement from their ideal audience that drives their business.
How it Works:
The Surkus platform utilizes a matchmaking algorithm to pair members with experiences suited to their interests, whether that be food & drink events, wellness festivals, concerts, fashion & beauty pop-ups, special online offers and much more.
To claim their spot, members agree to perform actions defined by the experience provider, such as check-in, social post, or provide feedback.
For partners, Surkus provides a completely hands-off automated tool that delivers attendance, purchase, awareness & engagement, social amplification, and insights into their target customers.
Our technology is powered by a group of driven, talented, and aspirational people who want to make a real impact worldwide. Surkus members have participated in 10,000+ events/experiences and we are scaling globally!
As the Growth Marketing Director, your focus will be on creating a strategy to establish and expand our brand identity in both the b2b and b2c arenas, as well as owning strategic and/or internal resources for user acquisition strategy. You will also be responsible for managing all aspects of branding and marketing campaigns, user acquisition, marketing operations, and for successfully building and leading a team of marketing experts to execute your vision.
Acquisition & Retention - Member
- Develop a scalable and efficient strategy for mobile user acquisition for a consumer-facing mobile app via funnel development, optimization and acceleration via
- Define, measure and report the KPIs of all paid and non-paid marketing channels including cost per acquisition, ROAS, LTV, and retention / engagement
- Utilize mobile growth metrics (such as CPI, CPE, LTV, ROAS, DAU. MAU, ARPDAU) to tell a narrative that demonstrates growth performance with insights.
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and develop smart attribution modeling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time.
- Develop member retention strategies via on and off-app engagements
Work with our analytics team to lead marketing analytics and ROI analysis for campaigns and channels, defining CAC and LTV, while executing robust optimization and A/B testing programs.
Acquisition - Client & Partner
- Drive inbound and outbound Partner acquisition (B2B), and support Lead generation (B2B) via funnel development, optimization and acceleration through
- Content – architect case studies, sell sheets, corporate decks, blog posts, white papers, videos, infographics, RFP support by buyer type and stage in the funnel.
- Digital advertising – search and display, remarketing, and video campaigns across Google, LinkedIn, Facebook/IG, Twitter, among others.
- Website and SEO – Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools to track website visitors, conversion funnels, channel performance, and SEO opportunities.
- Email marketing – drip campaigns and newsletters.
- Social media – LinkedIn, Facebook + Instagram, Twitter, etc,
- Events – company hosted events and outside events to attend and sponsor.
- Traditional media – print, billboards, radio, and podcast.
Who you are:
- Positive start-up mindset, respects EVERYONE, and passion for Surkus mission
- Strong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently
Your KPIs will focus on:
- Developing and executing on exponential growth strategy
- Growing and scaling our membership (B2C) base
- Increasing conversion and completion rates specifically tied to revenue
- Reducing Customer CHURN
- Identify profitable (prospects and) customers in the local market
- Oversee and execute B2C/B2B digital acquisition strategy across the APAC region
- Building brand and maintaining its integrity in-market
- Positioning of the brand and product in-market
- Support sales teams (materials development, event fulfillment campaigns, etc)
- Building an influencer network strategy
- Building local Surkus social media presence
- Member engagement via regular email/newsletter campaigns
- Lead market in annual and quarterly planning, keeping track of budget, and reporting on marketing initiatives’ performance, with a focus on ROI & revenue growth
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results.
- 7+ years in-house experience in B2B/B2C digital marketing, ideally with a widespread knowledge of the full marketing stack, including in acquisition marketing and data analytics
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Extensive background owning both brand/creative and user acquisition initiatives in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience growing a brand and audience from scratch in a now high performing startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic.
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision
- Meaningful stock options
- Opportunity to attend Surkus Events at some of the coolest and most exclusive venues
- Macbook Pro for work