Grow the Flexport Capital business
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Each of these customers faces significant working capital burdens that hamper their ability to grow their businesses. Since Inception, Flexport Capital has provided over $750 million in loans to Flexport customers to address these needs. Our non-dilutive capital products empower businesses to grow and bridge their working capital needs while maintaining ownership and control. As a start-up within a start-up, we’re developing unique fintech products that leverage the resources and data of Flexport’s platform for global trade.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented and creative individual to join our tight-knit team. They will own customer feedback, content generation, and brand marketing initiatives to generate inbound lead flow for Flexport Capital. Due to the early-stage nature of the Flexport Capital business, they will also have a key role leading and executing cross-functional strategic projects related to growth strategy, sales operations, and investor relations.
- Own the positioning and messaging of Flexport Capital products, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across various channels and segments to drive quality inbound lead flow
- Develop a deep understanding of our clientele, market and competitive landscape by performing research through focus groups, surveys, interviews, and analysis of sales data to build successful growth strategies
- Develop a rich, continuous pipeline of compelling marketing content to engage potential and existing clients (blog posts, articles, white papers, web pages, infographics, case studies, guides, tools, etc.)
- Team up with the Social and Digital teams to create marketing campaigns from idea stage through execution & implementation
- Support new product and geographical launches, including developing competitive positioning and sales collateral (not limited to blog posts, explainer videos, 1 pagers, help articles, etc.)
- Gather customer, sales funnel and market insights to inform outreach strategies, pipeline management, increase customer conversions, and forecast demand
- Set goals, report on KPIs that ladder up to Flexport Capital’s Business Development team goals
You Should Have:
5+ years in product marketing, content marketing, or management consulting (Previous experience in financial technology or financial services is a plus)
- Demonstrated passion for financial technology and the future of embedded financial services
- Independent, self-motivated, curious, and not afraid to test bold ideas
- Experience working closely with sales, marketing, customer success, and product teams
- Experience in developing customer-facing marketing campaigns, content, messaging, and market positioning across multiple mediums
- Superior problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills and ability take ownership of tasks from start-to-finish
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate across business lines
- Excellent communication skills; ability to win over internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical skills in content creation and writing.
- BA/BS required; undergraduate degree in Finance, Marketing, Economics, Business, or Communications a plus.