Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional growth lead to help us … well, ... grow! You will join a team of talented and innovative product leaders and creators to build great solutions to increase the number of students who know about Khan Academy, use Khan Academy, love Khan Academy, and return to Khan Academy to grow their brains and improve the world.
We’ve grown organically to serve over 20 million students each month. Last year we grew from 10 million registered learners to over 20 million, and now we’re ready to take that to the next level. We want to build on that momentum and take Khan Academy’s free education to over 100 million students around the world.
We are a team of fun and skilled people, from places like Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Pixar, Fog Creek, McKinsey, hedge funds, and tiny startups, who have come together to work on an audacious mission to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Our product/engineering leads:
- have a track record for growing user bases, optimizing funnels, and understanding how to measure and maximize products
- understand the full gamut of acquisition, activation, retention, and reactivation
- have a track record for building engaging, delightful product experiences
- are thoughtful about what makes a great user experience that drives engagement and retention
- think deeply about user needs, competitive & market trends, company strategy and can ruthlessly prioritize
- have excellent communication skills and are able to articulate and shape a vision, strategy
- have entrepreneurial spirit and passion for education
- defining our growth strategy, roadmap, and milestones with the team
- tracking, optimizing, and identifying opportunities in acquisition, activation, retention, and reactivation across our products together with our product managers.
- planning and executing on opportunities above, working closely with product managers, developers and designers to guide the projects from concept through launch
- integrating SEO/SEM, social media, paid ad programs, digital partnerships, website conversion, website optimization, and any other digital optimization processes to reach more students
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Stats, or related technical field
- 2+ years experience in product management and/or growth and/or analytics in consumer internet, gaming and/or mobile
- 2+ years experience in growth role or growth-related role, addicted to growth blogs and all things webtech
- Strong analytical bent, with experience running split tests, optimizing funnels, and developing metrics
- MS, MBA or PhD preferred
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
Along with your resume please provide:
1) A short description of a product that you’ve optimized from a growth perspective, and whether you felt it was successful
2) A short explanation of why you’re passionate about learning and would like to join Khan Academy
Don’t worry, this does not need to be an old school cover letter, just something that will just help us get to know you a little better!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.