Qualis Corporation is seeking multiple Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC) Engineers with knowledge of Position, Velocity, and Timing algorithms to join our team of well qualified, diverse individuals at our Huntsville, AL office.
- Develop and apply advanced algorithms, methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of position, velocity, and timing acquisition.
- Assist in the development, tracking, and maintenance of system requirements for complex developmental technology programs.
- Assist in the identification, definition, and execution of verification and validation methods for system requirements
- Review literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Define technical analysis methods, conduct independent research, and present findings.
- Assist in preparing test documentation for inclusion in test and evaluation reports
- Conduct investigations, analysis, and tests of considerable complexity.
- Perform failure analysis and develop coarse of actions
- Participate in integrated test teams
- Support development and presentation of technical white papers and executive level briefings.
- Assist in develop of program technical approach and technical roadmap
- Assist in develop of technical program plan, identify technical milestones, and ensure progress against the technical objectives
- Bachelor’s of Science (BS) Degree in Mechanical, System, Electrical, Computer, Software, Aerospace, Aeronautical Engineering or another STEM program from an ABET accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in system engineering, design, analysis, and test
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in position, velocity, and timing algorithm development, test, and evaluation
- Candidate must posses a clear understanding of engineering principles such as but not limited to Global Navigation, Satellite System (GNSS), RF communications, measurement and estimation techniques, and error correction theory and implementation.
- Candidate must be proficient in MATLAB/Simulink
- Candidate must have experience leading technical teams through a developmental program life cycle.
- Candidate must have experience leading research & development efforts.
- Candidate must have the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Candidate must have or have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen to obtain and maintain an active Secret clearance
- Candidate must be located in or willing to relocate to Huntsville, AL.
- Master’s degree in System, Electrical, Computer, or other related technical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Top Secret clearance preferred
- Experience supporting projects for the Department of Defense
- Knowledge of Kalman filtering or other optimization methods
- Knowledge of software-defined radio platforms and design flow
- Possess excellent time–management skills to contribute to multiple tasks concurrently
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent presentation skills
Qualis Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and talented workforce who can contribute to the mission and vision of the Company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we promote a positive work environment, teamwork, professional growth, innovation, community involvement, flexible scheduling and a family-friendly work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled and a Participant in E-Verify