Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.
ALL.SPACE is seeking an experienced Hardware Lab Technician to support with the build and test of our prototype satellite communications terminals. The successful candidate will be required to develop and maintain our state-of-the-art laboratory in our Reading headquarters. The candidate should have extensive experience of working within a laboratory environment, working with sensitive PCB assemblies/products and defining/adhering to strict health and safety requirements.
Due to the innovative nature of our technology, we seek a candidate with a high degree of creativity and problem-solving capability.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the smooth operation of all lab facilities, providing a clean and safe working environment for all staff
- Must have strong electronics rework skills, ideally IPC certified
- Build and rework of PCB assemblies, including rework of surface mount components to 0402 level, and BGA/QFN ICs
- Assembly of PCBA sub systems
- Build and assembly of cable wiring looms
- Test, debug and repair of PCB assemblies
- Ability to Interpret and understand engineering documentation such as drawings, schematics, PCB gerber files, bills of materials, procurement and test specifications
- Management of component stock levels/consumables and safe disposal of waste
- Assist in developing build & test methodologies, contribution to design for manufacture and test activities
- Responsible for regular review and handling of ESD anti-static equipment and ensuring comprehensive lab compliance by all users
- Hands-on experience of common lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, multi-meters, power supplies etc.
- Support the certification of products under electrical and operational standards
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for the lab environment
- Willing to work flexible/additional hours in order to meet tight timescales and deadlines.
- Undertake any other duties as may be requested; Flexible and adaptable to work with changing deadlines and work requirements
- HND or equivalent in Electronics, or relevant equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in an electronics lab environment
- Excellent PCBA rework skills, including use of irons, hot air, and IR rework equipment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment are required.
- Must have substantial problem-solving abilities
- Strong time management and must be able to work unsupervised to defined deadlines
- Technically proficient in MS Office products
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of communication systems
- Understanding of RF engineering
- Good understanding of electronics standards, SPI, I2C, CAN
- Ability to communicate calmly in a well thought out response, verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with Isotropic staff internally as well as working effectively with suppliers and customers
- Ability to travel locally in UK on request
- This position may be subject to interruptions that may cause a change in immediate priorities and/or work focus
- May be subjected to occasional extended work hours
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre
ALL.SPACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying disability, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We base all hiring decisions on candidate qualifications and business needs.
Apply for this job