Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.
The post holder will define, develop and manage all aspects of the critical hardware engineering for a range of innovative end-user terminals for satellite communications. Working closely with peers across other engineering disciplines, the post holder will have a broad perspective and understanding of the design, manufacturing & lifecycle for digital, RF, mix-signal PCBs and Mechanical design.
This role will build and lead the Hardware team to oversee and implement the designs around a number of complex RF, Digital, PCBs, Injection moulding, Thermal and Mechanical challenges that go into each of ALL.SPACE product.
Working closely with Systems, Software and IC development team, they will own the delivery of all HW elements of the product through early prototyping through initial introduction into our NPI initial manufacturing facility. Working in unison with the NPI Director they will deliver products to meet customer requirements.
They will be expected to articulate a clear vision and strategy for the team, that is able to drive and deliver the technology to challenging specifications, schedule, quality and cost targets.
They will be able to plan the workload and resources, ensure correct make or buy decisions are taken to delivery project goals and ensure risks are captured and mitigated through the life cycle of development and delivery. Whilst establishing a world class Engineers team, processes, and tools to deliver the business objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive, resolve issues and report on the daily activities of the Hardware Engineering team to deliver designs and products on time and on budget.
- Ensure that a suitable resource model and risk management process is in place.
- Deliver technology and products that meet performance, cost and quality metrics
- Managing all aspects on RF, Digital, PCB, Mechanical, Thermal, Injection moulding development for various prototypes and products
- Work closely with various design leads and the Supply Chain group to implement suitable DfM activities to ensure we minimise the costs of all aspects of the system.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of analysis, design, and performance of the systems within our terminal products
- Support the certification of products under electrical, environmental, and operational standards
- Manage multiple programs/products simultaneously and able to manage through times of conflicting and dynamic priorities
- Provide effective and efficient design support during the conceptual design, detailed design, integration, and test phases of a product development program, with the goal of achieving project completion on time and on budget
- Prepare and present design and analysis summary material during internal and external design reviews
- Build a world class Hardware Engineering team that facilitates scale and growth in line with company objectives.
- Contributes towards Company design procedures and corporate policies.
- Assist senior leadership in implementing the company's mission, values, and strategic goals.
- Manage the team by motivating employees, providing induction training and development opportunities, performance feedback, address complaints and resolve problems. Leverage personal expertise as well as leadership skills to coach and mentor project team members as required.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of direct reports ensuring objectives, and key milestones are met, and performance reviews are carried out.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition function with the fulfillment of recruitment plans for the department and contribute to helping with talent sourcing strategies to attract, select and successfully recruit potential diverse talents into the organisation.
- Attend key business meetings, compile, and share departmental information.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum Degree qualified in Systems, Electronics or related Engineering discipline (BS or MS)
- At least 10+ years plus of running HW teams with challenging technology requirements
- Experience in development and commercialization of Telecom/SATCOM ground terminals or modems (Desirable)
- Familiarity with wired and wireless terrestrial communication channels
- Understanding of regulatory compliance for electronics
- Proficiency with standard scientific computing toolkits, languages, and packages, such as Matlab/Python etc. (Preferred but not essential)
- Understanding of industry-standard software tools
- Strong knowledge and experience across a variety of skills from quick-turnaround prototype PCBs & testing of high frequency RF and digital boards, PCB manufacturing assembly, Mechanical components, Thermal simulation, Injection moulding techniques, PSU, cabling components and supply chains to make sure we are minimising costs and meeting our quality requirements for the final products.
- Maintain awareness of competitors, expansion opportunities, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards.
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre