Job Title: Head of Acquisition Marketing
Reporting to: COO
Location: 1 Lyric Square, Hammersmith or Poynt North, Wollaton Road, Nottingham
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over $750 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia.
We are looking for a Head of Acquisition Marketing to drive Liberis’ consumer-facing marketing efforts across all of our markets.
As a B2B2C proposition, landing new and exciting partnerships is only the first step. Where we add the real value is by working with those partners and their platforms to drive activation, engagement and retention of their SME customers around Liberis’ product set.
Today, our partners have a collective customer base of more than 1.6m small and medium sized enterprises over 3 continents. Not only do we want to drive more value for our existing partners, we also have big plans and expect that addressable market to increase to significantly over the next 12 months. Working alongside the in-country partner teams you’ll be responsible for ensuring we attract and retain every one of those customers who would benefit from our fair and flexible financing. Your responsibilities will include:
Deliver on our core consumer marketing KPIs: You will ultimately be accountable for our monthly and quarterly customer acquisition and retention targets
Strategy and budgeting: In collaboration with Finance and our Partner management teams you will set the global strategy, targets and budgets across each of our channels and partners.
Channel optimization: Today we rely heavily on Direct Mail and Email. You are responsible for challenging and optimizing that channel mix across regions and partners, especially as our partner mix becomes increasingly digital.
Targeting and pricing: You will work with our Data and Product teams to increasingly personalise the messaging and pricing we can offer each individual customer.
Experiment! You'll initiate change and try new things, even if that means we sometimes get things wrong.
Work with partners and our in-country teams to deliver joint marketing account plans
Manage a small central marketing team and mentor our in-country partner teams
Reporting: You will own the reporting of our customer acquisition and retention performance across all of Liberis’ channels, throughout our funnel
We think you will need:
A proven track record of developing and delivering B2C or B2B2C marketing activities and comms - ideally within a tech-led environment.
- Data Driven: You’re extremely comfortable with numbers, P&Ls & complex data. You can partner with data science, finance & commercial to provide analytically led & data driven plans that validate your strategic rationale.
Strategic planner: You can see the wood for the trees, are able to distil complex data and information into key insights & themes. You can easily articulate a strategic approach and priorities. You have experience of leading acquisition strategy development and planning across multiple teams and regions.
Be comfortable working closely across multiple, global partner marketing teams, often operating under white label partner branding and messaging guidelines.
- CRM and lead nurture experience: You have knowledge of engaging with customers over time to drive retention
- You are confident with a bit of chaos and resourceful with drawing strategic insights from analysis in an imperfect world and working in a fast-moving environment
- Experience in Fintech or scale ups is a big bonus
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials