Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market. We are seeking an Alliances Director to execute strategic business development initiatives with leading technology companies like Facebook, Google, and Twitter to drive relevance, reach and revenue for our platform.
About the job:
The Head of Alliances role is a critical position that will help Twilio build a large ecosystem of strategic partners. This person will help refine Twilio's overall business development strategy working closely with the product, engineering, marketing, sales and finance teams. With the strategy defined, this individual will build key relationships with identified partners that include negotiating, executing and managing the relationships.
- Use a systematic approach to establish deep relationships with strategic partners including understanding their strategy, key decision-makers, organizational structure, technology solutions, roadmaps and go-to-market focus.
- Understand the competitive landscape and identify strategic opportunities and threats.
- Maintain pipeline of new partnership opportunities designed to drive relevance, reach and revenue for our platform.
- Qualify, structure, negotiate, close, and manage strategic partnerships that will drive platform adoption, revenue, and customer acquisition.
- Work with product, engineering, marketing, sales, finance and legal teams to evaluate, explore and execute strategic partnership opportunities.
- Maintain active relationships with Twilio’s key partners reinforcing our leadership position in the market, proactively addressing business issues and identifying ways to maximize value for both parties.
- Drive post-close engagement plans for success.
- Expand relationships with existing partners by uncovering expansion opportunities, developing and driving go-to-market strategies.
- Identify and track relevant metrics of success and periodically report to the executive leadership team on status.
- 8-10 years of experience working in technology in a business development or product management capacity at a market leading company.
- Strong preference for prior experience as a product manager or role in product management.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally.
- Extensive experience formulating a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Extensive industry contacts and ability to navigate technology landscape; must be wired to be the face of Twilio in the technology community and beyond.
- Technically savvy, experienced with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices and mobility.
- Proven experience starting from scratch to develop, negotiate and structuring complex deals.
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Fun to work with, excellent at teamwork and cross group collaboration.
- Creative, critical and solution-first thinker with client service mentality.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, product managers and engineers.
- Can handle multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment.
- MBA from top-tier school and technical undergraduate degrees preferred.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST