We are hiring a Head of Business Development to lead our talented team of five in London. This opportunity is unrivalled; you will develop relationships and learn from the founders and CEO’s of some of the most exciting fast-growth businesses in the UK and Europe. We are not selling a box, we are helping companies raise money which they use to grow, hire and expand. We are proud of the fact that Crowdcube leaves a positive imprint on the world.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding marketplace. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses. Watch this if you don't believe us!
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 700,000 registered investors, and over 700 British businesses successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Revolut and many more.
What you will be doing:
You will work alongside our dedicated Head of Sales Operations to improve the team’s efficiency. By using technology and the latest marketing and B2B origination techniques, you will develop and improve our outreach, reporting and training. Join us in continuing to grow the world’s first and largest equity crowdfunding marketplace.
- Developing and deploying an effective business development and sales strategy for delivering against Crowdcube’s revenue targets
- Line managing and leading the team of five Business Development Managers, including weekly one to one’s.
- Working closely with the Head of Sales Operations, Head of Partnerships and our Marketing team
- Onboarding and mentoring new team members
- Regular reporting and updates to the senior leadership team
- Ensuring members of the team are progressing their career through learning and development
- Becoming a thought leader in equity crowdfunding and alternative finance including content creation and public speaking
- Identifying and developing C-suite relationships with key clients and key accounts to help develop new business and referrals
- Working with the Head of Sales Operations to ensure the constant development of our systems, processes and CRM adoption as well as our B2B origination techniques, reporting and training.
- Working closely with members of the team to generate new business within high-value clients
- Implementing sales incentives to drive sales performance within the team
- Executing on our international business development strategy
Ideally you will:
- Have a minimum of 5-6 years’ experience working in a senior sales or business development role for a growing company
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth
- Be a leader and motivator of sales and business development teams with a minimum of 2-3 years’ leadership or management experience
- Demonstrate a competitive and ambitious nature with a target focus
Preferably you will also:
- Have start-up experience and an interest in entrepreneurship
- Have a strong understanding of or interest in the investment community (angel investing/venture capital/private equity)
- Self-starter, proactive and keen to invest time into learning the product and understanding business context
- Generous with your time, you share knowledge with your team.
- Approachable & empathetic
- Act with integrity and approach situations with a ‘client first’ mindset
- Appreciate other functions of the business & are happy to collaborate to achieve a positive business outcome
- Highly organised and able to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £65k + commission (OTE £80-90k depending on performance)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - an online learning platform with a £1000 budget each year!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and bi-monthly company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (this year’s fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling, BBQs)
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.