Uniplaces is an international, venture backed team, making it easy for millions of students worldwide to find and book their accommodation online. As part of our growth strategy, the company is looking for an experienced BI Manager to assist our Finance Director in building and implementing a coherent company wide data structure and advise leadership based on data.
The role has a broad remit; the successful candidate will head up the BI function as the thought leader, work closely with the sales and operations teams as well as with the product managers who oversee the individual features and functionality on the web site to ensure a consistent approach to site analytics and business analytics.
The expectation is that this role not only provides the data but help make decisions based on the data. It will be critical that the individual has the ability to form opinions and make recommendations based on insights and analysis. In addition your main focus will be to track and report on business metrics and operational efficiency (including business reports and scorecards) and deliver on a timely manner.
The role will also work with the technical teams to validate methodologies and analysis and to maintain the accuracy and reliability of the internal and external tools.
Working on a permanent basis you will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Forecasting: Based on historic trends, the wider marketplace (supply and demand), and future product release plans you´ll build the business plans and forecasts for audience and engagement metrics
- Building processes, systems and tools to provide long term solutions for data analysis requirements
- Automating the processes for improved end user consumption
- Understanding revenue drivers, unit economics, and identifying new revenue streams
- Coordinating to A/B testing and optimisation process working with the product teams
- Where applicable the build & maintenance (or provisioning) of local tools to automate reporting and business management cycles
- Weekly and Monthly reporting: overall responsibility for reporting all of the business KPIs
- Making strategic recommendations to planning and channel managers
- Making strategic recommendations based upon data analysis and influence portal product decision makers.
- Providing strategic input and insight into the portal planning process
- Market analysis: report on wider industry trends, such as mobile device growth, and put this in the context of our own content objectives and growth
- Supply and Demand Analysis: Working with the other data analysts develop deep understanding of our demand and supply side users (landlords and students) and demographic groups across the portal, and be able to make strategic recommendations on bringing in new customers
- Trend analysis. Identify and interpret trends and changes in customer behaviour across the site
- Building deeper understanding of our property inventory drivers such as location, price, property type to drive the business
- Being an expert at driving the use of Web analytics tools throughout the site to build enables reporting against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and build knowledge of customer behaviours throughout the site and be able to make recommendations based on analysis
- Analysing impact of different schemes such as rent guarantees, exclusivity deals and so on
- ROI analysis on large projects, strategic initiatives and marketing
Key Success Criteria
- Building and operating a clear BI roadmap while working with the technical teams
- Launching all products & channels with the correct analytics attached
- Clear, timely monthly reporting and communication to the business stakeholders
- Regular review of KPI’s, trends and audience metrics
- Enabling strategic decisions taken on the back of accurate, insightful analysis
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Reporting skills and Database skills (SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of web analytics tools like Kissmetrics and Google Analytics.
- At least 6-7 years of working experience in a multinational blue chip environment
- Data management and analytical reporting skills
- Good communications skills, storytelling
- Attention to details
- Startup experience in our fast-growing, venture backed company
- Reporting directly to the FD
- Exposure to all areas of the business
- Competitive compensation package based on experience and attractive stock option compensation plan
- New Macbook pro
- Flexibility to take time off when necessary & open vacation policy
- A chance to have fun while working
- Knowing you are building the global player for student services
- Living in one of the most amazing cities in the world
- Based in Lisbon (with regular travel to London and other cities)