We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid for their work. We strive to provide creators with insight, education and tools that make it fast and easy to run their creative business, so that creators can focus on making art. And it’s working. Last year, we paid over $150 million directly to creators.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We make it easy to make Patreon better. We build fast and emphasize shipping. We continuously deploy to production. We support each other while fostering ownership. We work on projects we’re passionate about, fix problems as we see them, and collaborate with the rest of the company to ship amazing things.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people, and giving them strong ownership of their work, with a clear vision and great tools, leads to the best results.
What you would do:
- Develop, lead and execute our communications strategy. This includes internal and external communications.
- Define the metrics, measure, and report on our performance against communications goals.
- Build and lead Patreon’s communication team. Support your team’s growth and inspire them to do their best work.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders including the executive team, creator-facing groups, product, and legal leadership to achieve key goals.
- Drive master messaging and narrative development to position Patreon as the creator-first membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid.
- Build outreach strategies, draft media pitches, press releases, and blog posts that amplify our message.
- Provide media training to executives and company spokespeople. Turn our leaders into remarkable storytellers.
- Project manage communications internally and externally through times of crisis. Ensure leaders have the information and messaging needed to perform at the highest level.
- Act as company spokesperson for media inquiries, quotes, and fact checking.
- Create and execute internal communications plans in partnership with our Executive and People team for both internal and external initiatives.
- Develop relationships with influential reporters.
Skills you possess:
- Communication - You have world class written and verbal communication skills. You are clear and focused in your communication, and you can inspire a company.
- Leadership - You can sell a vision, and manage multiple teams through tactical plans to achieve that vision.
- Poise - You maintain an upbeat and positive attitude during high pressure situations.
- Networking - You have extensive relationships with press and media outlets.
- Management - You are an expert at building teams, managing people, and getting others on board with your vision.
- Creator centrism - You respect, understand, and admire the creative class.
- Expertise - You have at least 10 years of experience leading a communications function in a high-growth company. You are data-oriented and understand the metrics that matter most for your function.
- Growth mindset - You strive for greatness, your curiosity is limitless, and you have an intense desire to learn and explore.
With whom you’ll get to work:
- This role reports directly to the VP of Operations, Tyler Palmer
- The CEO, Jack Conte
- The most influential creators launching on Patreon
- This role interfaces most with our marketing, product, and trust and safety teams, though the role partners with every team at Patreon
Patreon is an Equal Opportunity Employer