Metromile is a start-up that is disrupting the $185 billion car insurance market by offering an entirely new model where the monthly bill is based on miles driven, paired with a smart driving app. Our product marries engineering and data science to deliver mobile technology, automotive telematics, and data-driven applications to make a car's data accessible and useful to modern drivers, including street sweeping alerts, trip stats, decoded check-engine lights, and car location. We aim to make car ownership as simple and affordable as it can be.
You could think of us as the David to the auto insurance industry's Goliath. Buckle up and get ready to drive with Metromile.
About the role:
The CRM Manager will play a pivotal role in defining Metromile’s CRM, email, and automation strategy. You will lead the strategy, planning and execution of all email communications to current and prospective customers with a strong focus on testing and constant optimization. You will design, test, launch, analyze, and scale new email programs as well as optimize existing ones while coordinating across all internal teams (marketing, sales, product).
- Lead, manage, and optimize all email communications to current and prospective customers to drive customer acquisition and retention goals. This will include management of drip campaigns, product marketing messages, and email acquisition channels.
- Own end-to-end management of all email campaigns, including content, production, testing, setup, and deployment utilizing our Email Service Provider, ExactTarget (i.e., Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Design, execute, and regularly analyze results of all email programs, campaigns, and A/B tests. Continually optimize for improvement of existing email programs while testing new ones, with a focus on customer acquisition, retention, and LTV.
- Work with product team to develop technical requirements for email and data migration to ExactTarget.
- Explore and test new email acquisition channels.
- Clearly and succinctly communicate results to key stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
- Stay current with email marketing best practices for content, design and strategy
- 6+ years of demonstrated success in email/CRM marketing roles.
- Experience using a top-tier Email Service Provider; ExactTarget experience preferred.
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around email testing metrics.
- Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation.
- Strategic CRM focus and can suggest creative solutions in line with business objectives
- Intermediate proficiency with HTML and CSS in email environments specifically.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fast learner and ability to set direction and execute in a quickly evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment. Previous startup experience a big plus.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Transportation and gym benefits
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- In office happy hour every Friday
- Monthly social events (trivia nights, skeeball, ropes course, etc)
- Mac equipment and ergonomic work station, customized to your specs