Head of Customer Experience (CX)
Bring your skills and passion to a global leader in the fitness technology industry! Join Wodify, a rapidly-growing, bootstrapped, profitable company looking for motivated problem-solvers and independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to take charge. Our cutting-edge software empowers gym owners, members, and coaches, and our love of innovation is matched only by our commitment to giving back to the community. To date, we’ve connected two million people and 5,000 gyms in 90 countries.
Wodify is seeking an experienced customer service program leader to oversee our Customer Experience team, which includes Customer Success, Account Management & Implementation.
In this role, you will be part of the Wodify Leadership Team and will be responsible for the strategy, vision, planning, and execution of all processes and initiatives along the customer journey. To be successful in this role, you will need to work closely with our Marketing, Product, Sales, and Engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve our customer experience across all touch points.
This role will be accountable for the full customer experience and lifecycle, beginning the post-sales experience and all the way through to managing the satisfaction of long-standing customers. You will steer customer success, retention, and implementation outcomes, define and optimize the customer lifecycle, thoroughly understand the customers' needs, effectively partner with the VP of Sales to understand and optimize market opportunities, manage the effectiveness of all customer experience activities, and grow and develop a customer experience team.
Simply put, the Head of CX will be charged with improving our customer’s experience, creating engaged customers, and facilitating growth (both through organic sales and expansion revenue). The ideal candidate will have Customer Success and some experience in Sales.
A Day in the life of the Head of Customer Experience at Wodify:
- Serve as the voice and advocate of the customer and create processes to relay customer needs, feedback, and recommended product enhancements to the Product & Engineering team. Leverage data to tell your story.
- Create, document, and implement a cohesive and comprehensive Wodify customer journey
- Deliver exceptional customer experience while effectively balancing customer requests and business needs
- Own customer challenges and follow through to resolution. Coach your team to do the same.
- Define KPIs to monitor the success and progress of the customer experience organization and propose process improvements and opportunities for efficiencies
- Develop strategic initiatives that will drive customer satisfaction, renewal and retention, and reduced churn
- Identify risks to renewals with our clients on an ongoing basis and serve as the escalation point for critical customer issues
- Measure NPS and implement internal feedback and improvement programs
- Be responsible for measuring and improving key performance metrics like customer satisfaction, renewal rate, upsell/cross-sells lead identification, reference-ability, renewal likelihood, adoption, consumption, and customer engagement
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer success agents and account managers
- Roll-up your sleeves and “get in the weeds” with the team as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of all facets of Customer Success, Implementation, and Technical Support
- Proven experience creating processes that enable a CX team to scale and deliver tangible business benefit (NPS improvements, churn reduction, product improvements, renewal rates, sales)
- Experience with building high performance CX team in a high-growth, customer facing role within a SaaS company
- Strong bias towards action
- Enthusiastic and positive leader with a proven track record in attracting talent, and building and motivating teams
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills with strong ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building with knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with the leadership team on developing and executing overall company strategies
- Ability to leverage data to make strategic decisions
Education & Training:
- 10+ years experience in a senior-level management role within a customer support function (B2B and/or SaaS experience is required)
- 5+ years of call center leadership within a technology environment is required
- A commercially-minded leader who has strong experience and comfort with the commercial side of customer relationships
- Competitive salary and equity plan
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance paid 90% by Wodify plus company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan and FSA
- Generous PTO, Health & Wellness Time and Holiday Calendar
- Team, social and philanthropy events
- Access to a mental health and resilience app called Headversity
- Weekly healthy meal delivery, subsidized by the company
- Gym reimbursement and commuter benefits