Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As the Head of Customer Experience Operations for Coinbase Germany, you’ll be responsible for building, scaling and leading a highly performing support team. You will work closely with both global and local leadership within the company and externally with regulators to launch and scale the organization across multiple product lines.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Responsible for leading customer support operations in German across multiple issue types including account access, payments processing, cryptocurrency transactions and policy application.
- Manage and lead a robust, bi-lingual (English + German) support team, anchored by standard methodologies within the financial services and technology industries in Germany.
- Work with senior management across internal support teams, business unit partners and business process outsourcing vendor partners to achieve service level agreements and enable CX innovation.
- Work with German regulators to communicate and handle inquiries around operational processes across customer complaints.
- Shape strategy for optimizing existing workflows, operationalizing product and policy launches, and building effective feedback loops.
- Handle partnerships and serve as an escalation point with various departments within Coinbase, including (but not limited to) product, engineering, legal and security.
- Attend monthly and quarterly vendor business reviews to stay abreast and accountable of performance across all tiers of support.
- Serve as a critical member of the on-call escalation rotation to handle urgent issues and communicate back to the broader leadership team.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to drive data-centric business decisions.
- Thoughtfully delegate tactical responsibilities and set performance expectations across the organization.
- Focus on growth opportunities throughout the organization, including development of managers and leads and learning opportunities across multiple subject areas.
- Continuously add value through effective project management, laser focused prioritization and efficient execution.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct management experience.
- Familiarity with banking regulations, payment processes, compliance, consumer and/or institutional operations.
- Experience building support strategies and scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, including voice, email, social and chat.
- Experience with partner management and maintaining cross functional partnerships both vertically and horizontally.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross functionally and globally.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 10% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need).
Nice to haves:
- Experience in project management, analytics and/or vendor management.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or CX.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Proficiency in another language (non-English).