As Skillshare’s Head of Data and Analytics, you’ll lead a team of Data Scientists that answers the big questions that inform business strategy and day-to-day decision-making. This role reports directly to our CFO and collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to support their various teams and functions. With more than 12 million users, 40,000 classes and hundreds of millions of minutes watched every year, this is an ideal position for a data leader.
What you’ll do:
- Team management, enablement, and development: You’ll manage the structure, priorities, development, and day-to-day operations of a team of six Data Scientists. Additionally, you’ll be tasked with enabling the broader organization to best leverage our data team and tools.
- Data, analytics, and business intelligence: You and your team will answer a wide range of tactical and strategic questions about our members, teachers, and overall business performance. You’ll work closely with leaders across the organization to proactively identify and scope their business intelligence and data analysis needs, provide recommendations on the best metrics to measure and watch, and turn data into critical insights that can be used to make sound business decisions.
- Data infrastructure and integrity: In partnership with our data engineering team, you’ll play a major role in structuring the people, processes, and data structure we need to maximize our data and analytics capabilities.
Why we're excited about you:
- Consumer Subscription Experience: You bring a wealth of experience and institutional knowledge from consumer-facing subscription businesses.
- Technical skill: You inherit a strong group of data scientists, and your technical expertise makes you a valuable sounding board and mentor to the current team and future hires. You have experience with data science programming languages such as SQL, R, and/or Python plus data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Chartio.
- People management: You pride yourself on being a servant leader and have extensive experience as a people manager, coach, and mentor.
- Communications: You can seamlessly package key takeaways from analyses and communicate insights to all levels of the organization. You can easily switch between technical discussions with team members to presenting high-level insights to leadership audiences (and everything in between).
- Collaboration: As a highly cross-functional leader, your visibility and accessibility across the organization make you a sought-after resource and a valued partner to all of our teams.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: There are few roles at Skillshare that will have more impact and visibility. Your team will be partnering with every department to give them the data and insights they need to achieve their goals.
- Teamwork: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
- We think the starting salary for this role is $230,000 + equity, but it might vary depending on skills and experiences. If this role is of interest to you, you should apply no matter what. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by OMERS Growth Equity, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, and inclusive work environment for all.