This is not your typical Data Science role role 💡
If you're entrepreneurial and looking for something exciting, challenging, and with endless learning possibilities… then look no further! This is for you.
We’re looking for a Head of Data Science to support our studio businesses, with a mix of strategy work and hands-on execution. You’ll be working across a varied portfolio of ambitious AI startups, with an opportunity to work across different domains, technologies, products and infrastructure — all in one interconnected network.
In our venture studio, you will have the unique opportunity to help define, and build business opportunities from scratch, in sectors ranging from finance to telecommunications, with the support and backing of the largest corporate partners.
You will work closely with portfolio company leaders to understand their business needs and identify opportunities for using data and analytics to drive growth and innovation.
- Engage with our venture studio businesses to support their data science ambitions
- Lead the development of machine learning models and other data-driven solutions for portfolio companies
- Spot opportunities to use data and algorithms in novel ways
- Work with startups across the Founders Factory portfolio to identify their data science capability gaps
- Collaborate with engineering teams to enhance the use of data science/ML and have a strategic impact on their overall businesses
- Help shape, implement and guide the internal data strategy for Founders Factory
- Lead and manage the data science team, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Have good knowledge of data science, statistical analysis and data engineering. In particular statistical learning methods, and the ability to work with large, complex and uncleansed datasets
- Have good coding skills in a language suitable for data science, preferably Python
- Be able to switch between hands-on execution and strategic advice, as needed
- Be comfortable with deploying data services and infrastructure to production systems
- Have high emotional intelligence and empathy for our founders and their teams as well as for your fellow colleagues in the Founders Factory operations team
- Be organised with a strong attention to detail and an ability to balance detail with the big picture
- Have a deep passion for defining and solving loosely defined problems
- Have amazing communication and collaboration skills
- Have 4+ years experience, especially deploying commercial data science/ML projects and working collaboratively with team members.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also receive shares in the Founders Factory global portfolio.
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is a rare chance to contribute towards the success of impactful ventures through hiring the right people, and to springboard your career or entrepreneurial ambitions.
• Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before. Access our large network of investors and customers. Grow your career like never before. We have many growth opportunities from taking a founder route in our studio, to cross functional movement to vertical growth in your domain, to global remit & expansion. It’s all there for the taking.
• Autonomy: Freedom to execute and build businesses, not just products. We encourage risk taking here.
• Remote working Opportunities: Up to 5 weeks working abroad allowance each year
• Hybrid Working: We usually go into the office (located in central London) on Tues + Thurs. Beyond that, it's up to you where you want to work
• Time off: 25 days/year, 1 extra day / quarter for mental health, monthly calendar freedom day
• Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage and perks from Vitality, quarterly mental health days, cycle to work scheme
• Family Support: Workplace nursery scheme to enable you to take care of your little ones
• Perks: Monthly office events, discounts across our entire portfolio and through CharlieHR Perks
Founders Factory is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where people can authentically be themselves and are free to challenge, take risks and think creatively.
We recruit, develop, compensate and promote our team members based on merit. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out diversity of thought and experiences. We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The requirements shared in our job descriptions are guidelines. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark with the number of years of experience we are looking for, please apply and we will consider you for the role.