This is one of the most exciting and critical hires we have ever made at Kroo. We are an innovative tech company building a new digital bank with a vision to change people’s relationship with money for good.
Kroo was established in autumn of 2016 and is aiming to be the greatest social bank on the planet. We will deliver a highly intuitive social current account, together with a range of other traditional banking products including a micro enterprise current account, savings and loans.
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company’s mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behavior so we can develop innovative products that change people’s lives for good.
Our secret sauce is our ‘social first’ proposition and this permeates throughout the whole organisation and the product we are trying to deliver. We are looking for someone to head up our team of product designers across multiple squads. You must have significant experience at building and scaling design teams in startups, strong design capabilities and leadership in mobile app development and a real passion to help us design the next generation of digital banking that we plan to release in the UK next year.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, coach and develop a growing team of talented Product Designers, keeping them inspired and motivated along the way
- Manage and align design work across multiple squads
- Ensure design projects are delivered on time
- Partner with the Founders, Managers, Product Designers, Product Managers and Developers to build products that delight our customers
- Be responsible for aligning team deliverables to organisational goals and ensure these are communicated to specialists and non-specialists alike
- Deliver and elevate Kroo’s unique mobile proposition in line with our brand tone and style
- Drive the Product Design function to raise the bar and continuously improve the product, design systems, processes and principles
- Work closely with the CPO and CTO to bring the vision alive
- Influencing design-led thinking across the business
You should apply if:
- You’ve got significant experience in design leadership roles where you have been managing teams
- You’ve got experience designing mobile products that customers love
- You’ve led and scaled a team of Product Designers in a startup ecosystem
- You’re obsessed with, and capable of creating beautiful design from tactical research to slick UI animation and everything in-between
- You have high standards of quality but know when to be pragmatic
- You enjoy the challenge of managing a diverse group of stakeholders
- You’re comfortable managing and influencing the product through design for a cross-functional team
- You are both creative as well as strategic, and thrive on problem solving where you must think outside the box in agile environment
- You can demonstrate maturity, tenacity and grace when working under pressure
- You’re experienced in both Agile methodology and design thinking
- You’re familiar with building Native mobile apps and understand the technical complexity of them
Bonus points if:
- You have experience designing and building FinTech or Payments products
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone's circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is:
- 30m interview with our Senior Talent Partner
- 1h interview with our Co-founder and a Senior Product Designer
- Complete a case study remotely in preparation for the next interview (max 4-6hs)
- 2 hour interview:
- case study presentation & deep dive with panel of Product, Design, Eng and Execs.
- Final interviews with our Executive team
Please let us know if you have any special requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.
What we offer you:
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new everyday
- Room to grow and excel within a fast growing start-up
- An environment that adopts industry-leading practices
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change the industry
- An awesome team to be part of – we have warm, friendly and highly talented people!
- An inclusive environment with regular team events and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
- A modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym!
A full list of our benefits can be found on our careers page