Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
As the Head of Design Ops, you are responsible for building and scaling design operations from resources, tools, scalable and repeatable mechanisms, and methodology. Reporting to the VP, Design, and Research (D&R), In this first through the wall role, you will partner with the D&R Sr. leadership team to create the conditions for success across four pillars: Mechanisms, Team coordination, Tools, and Design culture. You will partner with Stash Ops, HR, Recruiting, Eng. and other functions to innovate, build new approaches, and methodologies to help us scale. Stash is a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You’ll Do
You will identify the critical gaps and weaknesses of an existing process. Build mechanisms that optimize designers’ workflow to maximize engagement and reduce duplicated efforts.
- Create and enforce good meeting etiquette. Reduce the total number of meetings by trimming all unnecessary meetings, and make those that remain more productive (i.e., clear agendas, core attendees, actions items, decisions open/made)
- Partner with the D&R leadership team, in talent forecasting and managing resourcing allocation. Know how many people are needed for a design effort and with what skills
- Evaluate and coordinate team management for hiring to promotion, job ladders, recruiting standards, and other strategic team development issues.
- Foster a healthy inclusive design culture, identify, organize, and set the cadence for team meetings, events, and rituals.
- Continuously monitor and improve strong cross-functional partnerships. Develop stakeholder and culture mapping to reduce friction in partnership, increase information flow, communication, and collaboration.
Determine what tools design and Research teams need to work efficiently. Partner across the org to standardize the tools and systems, as well as introduce new tools and make sure designers onboard, learn, and adopt them.
- Track and measure impact of design on ROI mapped against goals
- Evangelize design, by helping everybody in the organization understand the value of good design. You act as a diplomat who translates the mission and language of design to other departments by socializing the design process to other teams.
Who You Are
- You have exceptional people skills, a natural curiosity with a learn it all, instead of a know it all mindset.
- Organized, like really organized.
- Thought leader who is always looking around corners to see and solve problems before they exist. You lean into ambiguity and are always looking for new approaches to simplify complex organizational and scaling challenges.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing executives and inspiring team members.
- You are an emotionally intelligent (EQ) leader that hires and develops the best, growing, and inspiring teams to continuously raise the bar.
- Great collaborator and team player - you understand product is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust, and aligns stakeholders.
What You Bring to the Table
8+ years of experience in creating design ops mechanisms and operations.
- Experience working with designers, HR, Recruiting, product management, and engineering.
- Proven track record of working with design and creative teams.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.