Our mission is to become your online shopping assistant for e-commerce in South East Asia. With more than 1000 partners on our platform, 500M products in the catalogue, and 35M monthly page views we have a head-start to get there. But we are hungry for more, with e-commerce in SEA still being in its infancy compared to mature markets we believe we can play a much bigger role.
We are ready to take the next step and for that we are looking for a Director of Cloud Operations who owns our services architecture and leads our DevOps team while we are growing the engineering capacity from 25 to 50 developers over the next two years. If you are a technical leader who is passionate about driving cultural change in an agile environment towards continuous delivery and services reliability, then you are the right person!
With a superstar, internationally-sourced management team, combining experience from BCG, Microsoft, Zalora, Apple, IBM and other world-class organizations, with local talent and insights from the 7 countries we are operating in regionally, iPrice is well positioned for continued success and we want you to be a part of it!
- Establish full integration of CI/CD across the whole engineering department, from critical production workloads to staging and QA environments, to reduce the time to deploy new code
- Define the blueprint for our services architecture that easily allows daily deployments of any workload, consistently from development all the way to production
- Ensure all services are at a high quality of health, reliability, availability and security, with a sub-hour mean time to recovery (MTTR)
- Provide architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability and availability as we are growing to 100m+ monthly sessions and billions of products
- Set the budgets and own the relationships across all our cloud infrastructure providers and ensure the teams are working within the given constraints
- In collaboration with the CTO and VP Engineering, set and drive the strategic direction of our infrastructure partners and technologies
- Your team will be working closely with the development team to specify, design, develop, and implement DevOps frameworks and solutions
- Deploy a dashboard and reporting tool to capture accurate insights into our cloud usage, including consumption dashboarding, trend analytics and optimization scenarios
- Achieve automated provisioning to ensure that developers and testers can avoid over or under provisioning
- Design, develop and manage monitoring tools to provide performance dashboards, alerts, and collect data required to proactively identify issues and/or recommend improvements
- Advocate and promote knowledge sharing and the “DevOps culture” across the Technology and QA Departments.
- Coach, lead, develop your people to create a passionate can-do culture
- A Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in DevOps or provisioning environments, deploying applications, and maintaining infrastructures, with at least 3 years leading a DevOps team
- Solid knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing and all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience of working in an agile and multi-cultural environment across many SCRUM teams at the same time
- Strong knowledge of the DevOps tool chains: Ansible, Git, Docker, AWS, GCP, Team City, Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.
- A Kaizen mindset and spirit of continuous improvement on a personal level and always up to date with the latest technology trends professionally
- Ability to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, specifically a demonstrated ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic matrix, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Able to communicate difficult technical concepts clearly to a variety of individuals of varying technical expertise and understanding
- Detail-oriented, creative problem-solving skills, and get the right things done
- Highly organized and capable of providing appropriate technical leadership while requiring minimal day-to-day guidance
- Ability to autonomously own and drive your own goals
- Directly impact the long-term success and growth of our business
- Develop a truly agile mindset and participate in the unique iPrice culture (here is what we believe in: http://ipricegroup.com/career.html)
- Regular one-on-one sessions with your superior. We don’t tell you what to do, we coach you so you can tell us what you need to create maximum impact
- A clear career path is set out for you to grow to the next career stage
- You will be reporting directly to the top management
- You will gain top-notch experience in one of today's hottest emerging markets and industries
- Exposure to a world-class management team with diverse backgrounds and boundless ambitions
- Highly affordable and fun lifestyle in a tropical metropolis in the heart of SE Asia
- Work permit sponsorship for expatriates
- Medical Benefit and Health Insurance coverage
- Diverse start-up culture with more than 20 nationalities
- Flexible work environment