We are Southeast Asia’s one stop shopping destination having consolidated millions of products and promotions from leading local and international online shops into a single discovery engine. Having successfully closed our Series A funding round last year, iPrice is designed to become the largest Southeast Asian aggregator for retail shopping. With a motivated team of more than 120 people we have amassed a catalogue of over 90 million products and reached more than 10 million shoppers.
We are ready to take the next step and for that we are looking for a Head of DevOps who owns our services architecture and leads our DevOps team while we are growing the engineering capacity from 25 to 50 developers over the next two years. If you are a technical leader who is passionate about driving cultural change in an agile environment towards continuous delivery and services reliability, then you are the right person!
With a superstar, internationally-sourced management team, combining experience from BCG, Microsoft, Zalora, Apple, IBM and other world-class organizations, with local talent and insights from the 7 countries we are operating in regionally, iPrice is well positioned for continued success and we want you to be a part of it!
- Establish full integration of CI/CD across the whole engineering department, from critical production workloads to staging and QA environments, to reduce the time to deploy new code
- Define the blueprint for our services architecture that easily allows daily deployments of any workload, consistently from development all the way to production
- Ensure all services are at a high quality of health, reliability, availability and security, with a sub-hour mean time to recovery (MTTR)
- Provide architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability and availability as we are growing to 100m+ monthly sessions and billions of products
- Set the budgets and own the relationships across all our cloud infrastructure providers and ensure the teams are working within the given constraints
- In collaboration with the CTO and VP Engineering, set and drive the strategic direction of our infrastructure partners and technologies
- Your team will be working closely with the development team to specify, design, develop, and implement DevOps frameworks and solutions
- Deploy a dashboard and reporting tool to capture accurate insights into our cloud usage, including consumption dashboarding, trend analytics and optimization scenarios
- Achieve automated provisioning to ensure that developers and testers can avoid over or under provisioning
- Design, develop and manage monitoring tools to provide performance dashboards, alerts, and collect data required to proactively identify issues and/or recommend improvements
- Advocate and promote knowledge sharing and the “DevOps culture” across the Technology and QA Departments.
- Coach, lead, develop your people to create a passionate can-do culture
- A Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in DevOps or provisioning environments, deploying applications, and maintaining infrastructures, with at least 3 years leading a DevOps team
- Solid knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing and all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience of working in an agile and multi-cultural environment across many SCRUM teams at the same time
- Strong knowledge of the DevOps tool chains: Ansible, Git, Docker, AWS, GCP, Team City, Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.
- A Kaizen mindset and spirit of continuous improvement on a personal level and always up to date with the latest technology trends professionally
- Ability to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, specifically a demonstrated ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic matrix, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Able to communicate difficult technical concepts clearly to a variety of individuals of varying technical expertise and understanding
- Detail-oriented, creative problem-solving skills, and get the right things done
- Highly organized and capable of providing appropriate technical leadership while requiring minimal day-to-day guidance
- Ability to autonomously own and drive your own goals
- Directly impact the long-term success and growth of our business
- Develop a truly agile mindset and participate in the unique iPrice culture (here is what we believe in: http://ipricegroup.com/career.html)
- Regular one-on-one sessions with your superior. We don’t tell you what to do, we coach you so you can tell us what you need to create maximum impact
- A clear career path is set out for you to grow to the next career stage
- You will be reporting directly to the top management
- You will gain top-notch experience in one of today's hottest emerging markets and industries
- Exposure to a world-class management team with diverse backgrounds and boundless ambitions
- Highly affordable and fun lifestyle in a tropical metropolis in the heart of SE Asia
- Work permit sponsorship for expatriates
- Medical Benefit and Health Insurance coverage
- Diverse start-up culture with more than 20 nationalities
- Flexible work environment
WORKING IN IPRICE:
A Booming Industry with Exciting Challenge
E-commerce in Southeast Asia is booming and iPrice is playing a key role in balancing the region's ecosystem - backed by world-class investors like LINE, Ventura and 500 Startups! Looking for a real challenge, like digging through truly big data, sitting at the same table with the biggest names in the digital scene, from Vietnam to Singapore, or building one of the most recognized consumer brands in the region? We got it all here. If you’re in for the fast-track, 10x growth in the next few years, you’ll love it here.
Hyper-charge your Personal & Career Growth
We genuinely believe that solving problems which nobody has solved before can only happen by growing ourselves, personally and professionally. We give you challenging tasks and then let you struggle – of course not, just kidding. We invest in you through personalized coaching and world-class trainings and our advisory panel gives you access to key experts in your field - no matter whether we are talking soft- or hard-skills. And if you fail? We’ll fail together and be right there to pick you up - we’re in this journey together.
Don’t miss out on our Culture & Benefits
Shorts or burka? We accept you as you are. Need to leave early for an appointment? Fine with us. Want to de-stress over a game of FIFA? There’s a 60-inch TV in the fun area. We are diverse not just in our nationalities (25 and counting, by the way) but because diversity is the building block of who we are. We take culture seriously because we believe we are at our best when we are surrounded by the right people. And yes, we have benefits, too - health insurance for everyone (incl. your family), team budgets, and tons of food. Join our family!
Work with an Inspirational Leadership Team.
We take leadership seriously. Sure, we can impress you by name-dropping some of our senior management’s past companies and buzz-wording around agile, but we rather focus on creating the right environment without all the corporate baggage. This means transparency in what we do, open communication, and the trust to make your own decision. If you have any concerns or problems, go straight to the “bosses”. Forget about counting hours, let’s rather focus on impact and quality. That’s how we build a successful company, with your talent and the right attitude.