Come be a part of the future of Clean Cosmetics!
Clean Beauty Collaborative is leading the way. Model turned businesswoman, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and clean beauty pioneer, Amyris, have teamed up under the Rose Inc brand to create cosmetic and skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. Our pillars of Innovation, Simplicity and Trust apply across everything we do and we expect to launch on Q3 2021. We use biotechnology to create sustainable, safe ingredients, formulate simple yet efficacious formulations without the use of over 2,000 harmful ingredients, design packaging to the highest standards of sustainability while having a modern and elegant esthetic, act with transparency and ethics.
Join a pioneering, high energy start-up on a mission: to be the most trusted resource in clean, safe and sustainable non-comedogenic beauty.
The Head of eCommerce is a critical, innovative, and strategic role for our new cosmetics brand. This leader will build from ground up an e-commerce platform to support our growth in this category. The leader is expected to deliver business results by optimizing a Best in Class website experience and an easily converted client experience.
- Develop and execute vision and strategy for eCommerce channel that encompasses product, marketing and site design.
- Develop and execute a business strategy that optimizes traffic, conversion and AOS
- Ability to build new website experience, from conception to launch on new product/brand idea
- Create and Lead Roadmap for infrastructure and features.
- Continuously enhance functionality across all sites
- Manage all digital vendor relationships and projects for mutual success, from contract negotiation through to launch and ongoing enhancements
- Ensure the day-to-day effectiveness of content display merchandising, navigation, search functionality and product presentation to optimize our customer experience
- Oversight for all site development phases from concept to launch, including business requirements, user flows/wire frames, functional requirements, QA/testing, and post-launch monitoring and optimization to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing.
- Maintain updates and resolve issues regarding site experience improvements.
- Manage all aspects of web analytics as related to eCommerce and communicate relevant information to team members, executive leadership and cross-functional partners
- Coordinate with CRM team to implement personalized experiences and campaigns as well as drive personalization.
- Advise on key changes and strategic direction in the eCommerce and ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated in all cross-functional projects.
- Develop and enhance customer segmentation and cluster group analysis and their use in driving business performance.
- Manage the P&L for Rose Inc’s e-commerce channel, as well as monthly forecasting and budgets
- Optimize cost efficiency for site maintenance and enhancements
- Collaborate with inventory team to develop a sales & inventory plan that optimizes channel growth and profitability
- Provide on-going tracking and analysis of customer on-site behavior through market and competitive analysis and review and measurement of site analytics
- Integrate feedback from Customer Service and customer research into site functionality and product presentation requirements Personal Competencies Global Business Acumen
- Partner with content and Social Media managers, editors, designers, developers, and others to ensure alignment with the brand strategy platform.
- Defines, aligns, and manages online product content including product descriptions, pictures, product metadata, categorization, and pricing.
- Collaborate with merchandising and inventory to develop and execute the brand promotional strategy
- Lead team of 3 – 6 people
- Coach team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
- Reinforce a culture of test and learn; advise or identify new test ideas with the goal of driving increased revenue per visit and an improved customer experience across all device types.
- Bachelor’s degree; 12+ years of related business experience, Beauty or Retail industry preferred.
- Passion for skincare / beauty industry.
- Ability to identify the big ideas from the small ones and drive for results on the big ideas.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Thrive in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives.
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships
- Team builder who develops and coaches team members to reach their own professional goals
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embrace Rose Inc Pillars and
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.