Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
As the landscape of education and technology continues to evolve and the mandate to serve all students becomes more imperative, the Head of Education Sales, Success, and Operations will have the unique opportunity to join a dynamic team and help shape the future of how Handshake will serve, partner, and impact the marketplace. You’ll provide leadership and strategic operational direction for how to best structure and scale the sales, success, and ops enablement functions as we continue to grow our education relationships across 1000+ 4-year universities, 100+ community colleges, a select subset of bootcamps and other corporate credentialing partners.
You’ll be a key partner to the VP of Higher Education & Student Success by executing on the vision and providing core operational leadership to ensure strategic acquisition of higher ed partners, active adoption and engagement, and continued 99+% retention of all accounts.
Operational Leadership and Scalable Processes
- Translate strategic vision set out by VP into strong operational direction on the sales, success, and operations functions for the education business
- Lead creation of new playbooks and structures for the sales team to prioritize, expand, and manage all new education partner acquisition
Craft new organizational, team, and process structure for the success team to proactively prioritize, partner, and maintain effective relationships as expansion occurs
- Analyze data and identify up-funnel indicators / behaviors that lead to strong retention and formulate clear strategies to increase team efficiency and focus
- Enable the teams to serve as an effective voice of the customer and provide internal feedback to Product, Content and other teams on how we can better serve our partners
- Develop, evaluate, and improve ops enablement, training / tutorials, and other communication infrastructure in collaboration with key leaders in the organization
- Opportunity to propose new tools / systems to enhance teams’ capacity to scale and improve efficiency
- Strategic capacity to determine appropriate moments for adapting vs. staying the course
Retention, Adoption, Satisfaction
- Influence future lifetime value through high product adoption, partner satisfaction and overall health scores
- Develop processes to monitor partner usage throughout the customer lifecycle to identify and prioritize at-risk accounts, create predictive alerts, and run standardized (and customized) plays to mitigate churn
- Maintain a deep understanding of internal solutions / content in addition to external partner goals and context to ensure teams are providing proper education of the most relevant features / functionality for their specific business needs
- Open up opportunities to drive student success through identifying high potential partnerships and adoption / usage of strategic tools
- 10+ years’ Success or Ops experience at large, high growth SaaS businesses
- Strong operational and programmatic experience scaling sales, success, and / or operations functions to drive organizational efficiencies and positive partner sentiment
- Experience leading remote-first teams and capacity to travel at least 25% of time once travel resumes
- Clear openness, curiosity, capacity to understand and navigate a highly bureaucratic / complex customer base across such as in higher education, government, healthcare
- Experience managing complex customer segments, evaluating service packages, levels, and professional services
- Comfortable building and knowledge of when to best utilize both scalable low-touch success processes and white-glove high-touch programs
- Proficiency with Salesforce / Excel and defining, tracking, and managing sales pipeline and success OKRs
- Strong management presence and leadership ability, communication and interpersonal skills that inspire action within and across teams
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, delegation, planning & organization and judgment
- Ability to address escalated education partner issues with speed, urgency, and delicate diplomacy
- Ability to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Champions working with a diverse team
Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to rest and recharge.
Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
Learning: Learning & Development stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.