The Head of EMEA GTM Partnerships will lead Stripe’s Consulting and Software partner business for the region. Stripe is investing in building out its worldwide GTM partnership organization in 2021 and this is a key leadership role. In this role, you will create Stripe’s regional partnership strategy from the ground up, establishing Stripe’s partnering approach with regional and global consulting partners and software/ISV alliances in order to increase revenue in the region. This is a revenue-generating leadership position, reporting to the Head of Global GTM Partnerships and working closely with the EMEA sales leadership and regional sales teams. Further, you will hire and lead a team of Partner Development Managers to develop and grow partnership relationships and revenue.
The Head of EMEA GTM Partnerships will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong executive relationships with key decision makers in partner organizations to secure new business, negotiate, and close strategic partnerships in support of accelerating Stripe business across the region with Global and Regional Systems Integrators, Consulting/Development Agencies, Software Providers/ISV’s and industry platforms (ERM, CRM and commerce software providers). These partnerships provide Stripe with the opportunity to unlock our market opportunity, supporting us in accelerating our users’ growth across all market segments from Startup to Enterprise companies. This role also includes executing Stripe’s global partner programs, partner marketing, partner enablement and partner co-selling initiatives across the region, driving partner participation and engagement. You will also work closely with Stripe’s sales, product teams, finance, marketing, operations, and support.
This role requires deep knowledge and experience in building and growing channel partner and alliances relationships, including evaluating and recruiting new partners, negotiating key commercial agreements and driving joint sales success. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. This individual will also have strong leadership experience in building high-performing teams as well as have a deep understanding of what will be needed to properly resource a partner strategy, working with stakeholders to develop a plan for ensuring the success of partner. An understanding of the economics of the payments space and the ecommerce ecosystem would be a bonus.
- Develop and execute Stripe’s regional partner strategy in alignment with Stripe’s regional business and global partner strategy
- Hire and lead a high-performing team of partner development managers across the region. Cultivate a team culture that includes high ownership, customer-first focus, fast-paced, high integrity, and an optimistic and positive environment
- Cultivate executive relationships with partners, optimize partner performance through business reviews, identify additional business opportunities to expand revenue and deploy a joint sales approach with Stripe’s top partners and Stripe’s sales team in the region
- Develop business and strategic cases for 'first-of-their-kind' partnership opportunities and drive consensus among decision-makers across the region
- Serve as an advocate for the region’s partners and identify areas for growth via partnerships.
- Identify and coordinate the development of new programs, resources and capabilities across internal teams to achieve partner goals
- Work with marketing and sales on the execution of partner events, sales engagement, building playbooks and collateral to enable partners to sell into customers effectively
- Finalize operational and contracting details with prospective partners through collaboration with Legal and Finance teams
- Report out on a regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style
You must have:
- 15+ years of building and leading high performing partner, sales and/or business development teams in a high growth technology environment
- Successful track record of developing and growing strategic partnerships at the executive level
- Professional and technical knowledge, as well as an extensive understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Strong leadership experience, including building out teams and creating high-performance, positive team cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with deep experience presenting to senior management. Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company with the ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Highly organized, multi-tasking skills, take ownership and be efficient in ambiguous situations
- Willingness to travel (once it is safe to do so in the future)
- Bachelor’s Degree
You might also have:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience working in the financial services/payments industry
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences