We're looking for an Head of Engineering to help us rapidly grow our paying customer base in 2021. We are a mission driven company, offering credit enhancement solutions to build our customer's financial standing.
We saw exceptional growth in Q4 2020, 3x-ing our paying customer base. Our new credit enhancement product line is set to reach £1m ARR six months from launch.
Our mission is more important than ever. The 10M UK non-standard credit market has grown at 4x the speed of the rest of the credit market since the 2008 crisis. C19 will only accelerate this. Solving this problem is key to rebuilding an inclusive financial system in the wake of C19.
What will the role involve?
* Hands on mentorship, nurturing and growing the existing engineering team.
* Defining best practice around software development and quality assurance.
* Getting stuck in and writing code that will go to production.
* Use your experience and draw from others as we navigate the challenges that come with scaling.
Back end: Ruby on Rails / Heroku / Redis / Sidekiq
Front end: React Native / Expo / Redux
What are we looking for?
* Experience with a startup during their 'scale-up' phase. We are entering this period and your learnings of growing teams as well as tacking the inevitable technical challenges that come with a growing user base will be valuable.
* Strong Ruby on Rails skills and knowledge.
* Adaptability, the ability to keep cool, and great teaching skills.
Salary and Equity
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000
Equity: 0.5% - 1.0% (potential upside based on performance)
We can sponsor visas for this role.
What can we offer you?
* Mentoring and growth. We will make sure that you are always learning and have the resources and mentorship needed to fine-tune your craft and propel your career
* Working at a tight knit, but growing company that has received awards for our positive impact on economic inclusion by institutions such as the Royal Society of Arts and Nesta.
1. We hire people we believe in, who are exceptionally smart, driven, and independent
2. We decide where we need to get to together, and support you however we can so you can get us there
3. We expect you to relish this responsibility, and work hard to maintain and build upon that trust We treat each other respectfully, we aim for quality and success in everything we do, we value intelligence and dedication, and we have a laugh along the way.
* Learning & Development budget
* Private healthcare insurance
* ClassPass membership
* Top quality equipment provided by Portify
* Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
* 25 days holiday + 3 days office closure between Christmas and New Year