We are a technology company combining advanced AI with human intelligence and expertise to tackle harmful and problematic online content at scale. We want to provide everyone, from individual citizens to national governments, with the tools they need to identify and disarm damaging and misleading information.
Since we were founded in 2017, Logically has been working to protect democratic debate and process, and provide access to trustworthy information. This has led us to create a suite of products and services to reduce and eventually eliminate the harm caused by the spread of misinformation and targeted disinformation campaigns.
We are an award-winning international team of over 200 data scientists, engineers, analysts, developers and investigators, working with governments and organisations around the world in the fields of national security, public safety, election integrity, and public health.
We are verified signatories of the International Fact-Checking Network, with offices in the UK, US and India.
This role requires a combination of outstanding journalistic, delivery and leadership skills.
The key responsibilities are,
· Managing and setting the day-to-day agenda and priorities of the regional fact-checking team
· Being accountable for all delivery in the region, ensuring client engagements are delivered to agreed budget, time and quality standards
· Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the region, supporting the Global Head of Fact Checking in the continued development of our global the Fact Checking services
· Allocate resources, identify high-impact ways to deliver engaging, insightful and quality fact-checks to clients and readers and provide editorial guidance to the fact-checking team
· Line management of the fact-checking team in the region and point of escalation for editorial decisions for the team.
· Keeping the team’s fact-checking standards up-to-date with the best practices and guidelines (e.g. IFCN/EFCSN)
· Point of escalation for fact-check-related complaints/corrections and owner of the regional corrections’ policies and workflow.
· Assisting the global lead and the company with lead generation for collaborations and partnerships with members of the fact-checking community and other stakeholders in the region
· Being the point of escalation for logistical, technical and administrative issues concerning the regional fact-checking team
· Closely collaborate with other teams to ensure our fact-checking efforts are amplified through social media and video platforms.
· Help the regional fact-checking team build a contact database of local sources (freelance reporters and local authorities) for first-hand verification and inputs essential for high-quality fact-checks.
· Develop objectives for the regional team, each direct report, and tie individual objectives to department and company objectives, drive high accountability in their team and with their direct reports.
· Provide effective feedback and encourage others within the team to also do so
· Meet regularly with their direct reports, and provide frequent feedback on their work and development.
· Support on hiring activities within their region
Desirable Skills and Experience
· Demonstrable experience managing a team of professionals in a news or media organisation and the ability to lead a team of professional fact-checkers
· Familiarity with fact-checking techniques and/or Open Source Intelligence techniques
· Familiarity with the fact-checking ecosystem and IFCN guidelines
· Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communications skills; strong attention to detail, ability to deliver under deadlines, and commitment to high-quality standards
- Unlimited Holidays!
- Performance related Bonus
- Private Medical
- A flexible-first working location policy
- Ability to work from anywhere for up to 8 weeks of the year
- £250 work from home package to improve your home working environment
- Mental Health Aid
- L&D Perks
- Quarterly Social events
Thank you for your interest in joining Logically.