We are building the first digital bank for friends. We are building a new bank with a vision to change people’s relationship with money for good.
Kroo was established in autumn of 2016 and is aiming to be the greatest social bank on the planet. We will deliver a highly intuitive social current account, together with a range of other traditional banking products including a micro-enterprise current account, savings, and loans.
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company’s mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people’s lives for good.
We are looking for a Head of Finance to lead on developing and scaling our finance capabilities. You’ll report directly to our CFO and work cross functionally with a variety of teams.
What you’ll do:
- Scale finance in a fast growing startup
- Design and prepare our daily, weekly and monthly management reports
- Prepare the the bank’s financial statements and oversight of associated controls to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the financial statements in compliance with appropriate accounting standards
- Implement a robust regulatory reporting framework
- Prepare Finance Manual and Regulatory Reporting Manual
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory capital and liquidity requirements
- Manage the budgeting and business plan processes and ensure alignment with regular evaluation of the bank’s capital and liquidity requirements with monitoring the strategic financial, capital, liquidity and asset/liability structure of a bank
- Regulatory reporting - overseeing the bank’s compliance with regulatory reporting requirements
- Overseeing the bank’s tax affairs, ensuring that tax obligations are minimised within the law and good practice and managing compliance with the HMRC Code of Practice on Taxation for Banks
- Ensure appropriate expenditure control is in place and operates effectively
- Liaise with external auditors and ensure that the external audit is carried out effectively
- Oversee other finance functions, including purchase ledger, reconciliations and payroll.
You should apply if:
- You’ve held senior finance roles at another bank
- You have experience developing and implementing financial and regulatory reporting in financial institutions
- You have a clear understanding of retail banking
- You have good knowledge of the prudential requirements on banks
- You love solving problems and taking an analytical approach
- You’ve managed, developed and coached finance teams
- You enjoy managing a variety of stakeholders with different needs
- You are adaptable and will enjoy working in a fast paced startup where you are given autonomy and ownership
What we offer you:
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new everyday
- Room to grow and excel within a fast growing start-up
- An environment that adopts industry-leading practices
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change the industry
- An awesome team to be part of – we have warm, friendly and highly talented people!
- An inclusive environment with regular team events and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
- A modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym!
A full list of our benefits can be found on our careers page.