Headspace was founded in London in 2010 by Rich Pierson and Andy Puddicombe. Originally conceived as a meditation events company, Headspace has evolved into the world’s most popular meditation app. Using proven mindfulness techniques, it will teach you how to train your mind for a healthier, happier life. Sessions take as little as 10 minutes a day, and you can do them wherever and whenever you like. Our app has now been downloaded more than 10 million times in 190 countries, helping so many people to enjoy the benefits of a clearer calmer mind. Today, we’re ready to embark on the next phase in our evolution: to become the world’s most comprehensive guide to health and happiness.
In 2015, we completed a $30mm Series A funding round. The round was led by The Chernin Group, with significant participation from other media and tech leaders including Jim Breyer (via Breyer Capital), Allen & Co, William Morris Endeavor, Freelands Ventures (the venture arm of Elisabeth Murdoch) and Advancit (the venture arm of Shari Redstone). Rounding out the raise were a handful of influential individuals including Jeff Weiner (LinkedIn CEO), Jessica Alba, Ryan Seacrest, and Jared Leto.
You can read more about us in Fast Company or the New Yorker.
About the Head of Growth @ Headspace:
Headspace has experienced incredible success with millions of customers using the app since launching in 2010. Like most exceptional companies, Headspace is focused on continuing this record expansion through an obsessive focus on consumers (and their wellness).
Reporting to the VP, Product & Growth, you will be responsible for growing the Headspace audience as quickly as possible. This will enable Headspace to widen our lead in the market while creating and claiming this category as the #1 player in the space.
This will involve:
1) Acquisition: getting as many new users as quickly as possible to complete their first activity on Headspace.
2) Engagement/retention: increasing usage and life-time value of the users that have completed this first activity.
Acquisition: This will include the following:
- Paid acquisition across proven and emerging channels
- Free acquisition across proven and emerging channels (e.g. SEO, ASO, communities, content-driven acquisition (e.g. discoverable blogs, publish to Apple News) on owned as well as external channels, viral hooks/referrals in the product, widgets, publishing the app to new platforms e.g. iPad, international markets, etc.)
- Early product optimization i.e. getting people to their first meaningful activity (e.g. meditation)
Engagement/Retention (co-owned with Product. Channels owned by growth.): This will include the following:
- Early engagement systems triggered by user activity through channels (e.g. push, email, FB fan page likes, etc.)
- Conversion systems through external channels (e.g. customized offers and promotions).
- Subscriber engagement systems through external channels.
- Churn flow optimizations.
- Subscriber win back systems.
Scale our paid acquisition program: Define and execute the roadmap to scale our paid acquisition program (across social, SEM, display, re-targeting). This will involve scaling campaigns on proven channels and testing new channels based on a solid ROI/performance-driven analytical framework. This would include user acquisition as well as affiliate marketing. Incorporate data-mining and large-scale data science based targeting to improve the efficiency of the campaigns as the company scales.
Build our free acquisition engine(s): Define and execute the roadmap to test our most effective free acquisition levers and set them up as self-powering and highly scalable engines of growth as our user base grows. This includes referral loops as well as content-driven acquisition (on both owned and external channels).
Optimize onboarding: Define and execute the roadmap to optimize our onboarding. Tests should include general funnel optimizations but also best practices around deep-linking depending on user context/source.
Build the engagement/retention program (co-owned with product. channels owned by growth): Define and execute the roadmap across our early engagement, conversion, subscriber engagement, churn and win-back systems. Utilize large scale data science/machine learnings to improve the performance of these systems as we scale.
Invest in automation: Define and execute an automation roadmap on proven parts of the above set of activities that will be repeatedly used at scale.
Growth model: Establish, own and automate the growth model so it allows quick and efficient “what-if” scenario modeling across projections, risks and opportunities.
Establish a great culture: Key elements that will be important to the culture are: highly analytical, creative, bias-for-action, scrappy and results oriented. Establish clear reporting to enable executive visibility and decision making.
Build a world-class growth team. Recruit, retain and develop an all star team while jointly defining the optimal org structure (together with the VP Product & Growth) that evolves and scales well based on what Headspace needs at different stages of growth.
Partners. Manage agencies and external suppliers associated with growth.
- 7+ years of progressive acquisition (paid and free) and product experience leveraging data analytics at well-known consumer companies; ideally in a startup and/or mobile application.
- Ability to show how you successfully iterated on a variety of acquisition and product experiments, the lessons learned along the way, and the end results of your efforts.
- Current understanding of the high-growth consumer-driven environments and strategies at top companies such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Uber, Airbnb, Twitter, Quora, Snapchat, Waze, Foursquare, etc.
- Experience at subscription businesses e.g. Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Spotify etc. a plus.
- Experience with segmentation & targeting (CRM), acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Strong track record of developing innovative and minimal cost growth hacking campaigns in an entrepreneurial and fast moving environment.
- Strong skills with management of large database, customer segmentation, and transformation of data into actionable insights.
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels (including product management, engineering, design, data analysts, data scientists).
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Experience managing and growing a high performance team (at least 5+ people).
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree with an emphasis on quant/analytical skills.
- You are mission driven.
- You are incredibly smart and curious by nature.
- You have infallible values and integrity.
- You are self-motivated, possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and have a passion for building new products.
- Tolerance of ambiguity in a startup environment.
- Tenacious, high capacity for work and motivated by equity value creation.
- Dedication to driving business decisions through data and market feedback.
- You motivate others. You communicate clearly. You inspire your coworkers.
- You can set operational targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.