Sidekick is on a mission to democratise the wealth-building products and opportunities currently only accessible to high net worth individuals. We are building a next-generation investment platform, designed for the aspirational retail investor who wants to build wealth. We are seeing a generational cultural shift where more people than ever before are looking for investment opportunities to help them build wealth. But for those of us not in the wealthiest 1%, we’re limited to passive indexes/ETFs or higher risk direct stock picking.
We are building a next-generation investment platform, designed for the aspirational mass-affluent investor, who wants to build wealth. We are rethinking and restructuring investment products starting with actively managed baskets of public equities and crypto, and a portfolio line of credit to help customers hold longer term and access liquidity if needed. We have a team of experts who have the experience and market knowledge to manage a number of portfolios tailored to your risk appetite, with a focus on building long-term wealth.
We are based in London and are committed to supporting flexible working arrangements. We encourage and facilitate regular in-person get togethers to collaborate and to get to know one another. Our aim is to create an open and collaborative working environment that has the flexibility needed by our people to maintain a balance in their individual lifestyles.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our team as Head of Growth. As the first member of the growth/marketing team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape and build the function from scratch, and be responsible for positioning the business for launch (on FCA approval).
In this role, you will be the driving force behind deeply understanding our target customer, creating growth plans from scratch, and driving waitlist signups and PR buzz. You will also be responsible for overseeing the branding and communication efforts for the company, including utilising content effectively to build user trust.
This is a hands-on role that requires a blend of creativity, analytical skills, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Conducting market research and customer interviews to understand the needs, pain points, and preferences of our target audience
- Leading the creation of the growth strategy from scratch, taking into consideration the target customer, their needs and preferences
- Driving pre-launch user acquisition and engagement through a range of inbound and outbound marketing efforts, partnerships, product initiatives, and "test and learn" experiments
- Utilising data-driven insights to optimise user experiences, identify growth opportunities, and inform the overall growth strategy
- Collaborating with the wider business, including the CEO, engineering, compliance, and investment teams, to develop and execute marketing campaigns that drive user acquisition and engagement, including through performance marketing, product-led growth, and content marketing
- Identifying and evaluating potential partnerships and collaborations to drive user growth and generate PR buzz, including through referral programs and exclusive access initiatives
- Leading the branding and communication efforts for the company, including developing messaging and positioning, and creating marketing and PR materials that resonate with our target audience and differentiate Sidekick in the market
- Managing the marketing budget and resources effectively
- Being the first marketing/growth hire at Sidekick and building the function from scratch, including hiring and mentoring a team of growth and marketing professionals
To be successful in this role you should:
- Have experience driving user growth and monetisation for a consumer-facing product or service, ideally in the fintech industry
- Have experience leading and managing a team of growth and marketing professionals
- Have strong analytical skills and experience utilising data-driven insights to inform growth strategies
- Have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion
- Be a creative problem solver and have experience developing and executing marketing campaigns, including through performance marketing, content marketing, and partnerships
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Have experience working in early stage startups and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and hybrid work environment
- Be highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Sidekick, and the opportunity to be the first marketing/growth hire at Sidekick, shaping the function and culture from scratch
- Have a passion for the mission of democratising wealth-building products and opportunities for retail investors
What we offer
- A unique startup experience, building an investment and consumer lending company from the ground up
- The opportunity to be part of launching a product that can help build wealth for hundreds of thousands of people in the UK and eventually beyond
- Work with a passionate and driven team from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Competitive startup compensation package (including an equity component)
- Currently a hybrid remote/office set up. London location preferred, but opportunity to be flexible