What we're looking for
doola, a YC-backed startup in New York City, is just entering our hypergrowth phase, and we're looking to make our first finance hire: our director of finance. We need a self-starting finance guru who can catapult doola to the next level by bringing the needed finance, GTM, and strategic pricing expertise to bear in this fast-moving, fun-but-chaotic environment. This is an ultra-high impact role with a real chance to leave a bigfoot-sized footprint in the company. Help us build New York's next unicorn!
What you will do
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the CEO on a wide range of financial, strategic, operational, and organizational topics
- Build trusted relationships as a key advisor to our Growth Marketing Lead, CTO, Customer Success Lead, and other members of the senior leadership team
- Own the top-line growth forecasting process, pricing, GTM key performance indicators, and return on investment frameworks. Participate in the planning process across the company, including quarterly, annual, and long-term forecasting of the budget and long-range planning
- Guide the development of a strong pricing capability to drive enhancements to the profitability of existing and new business lines. Establish a collaborative and credible Finance presence during the review of deals / fundraises
- Strategically support ongoing financial analysis, including monthly and quarterly analyses at company-wide and department levels
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end financial planning process, including owning the company operating model and individual department budgets
- Build the financial infrastructure to help the company effectively scale and manage its resources for the best possible ROI
- Develop frameworks for translating GTM strategy into measurable financial reporting with the goal of improving target setting for revenue and operating investments
- Promote vision and strategy around process and systems to help support scale in a high-growth environment
- Build detailed, scalable, and automated financial models to articulate scenarios and sensitivity analysis to evaluate investment priorities and evaluate potential alternatives
- Prepare insights and analytics for Monthly Business Review, Quarterly Business Review, and Board of Director reporting package materials
- Drive alignment between Sales, Marketing, and Research & Development teams on Annual Recurring Revenue, new business targets, and capacity planning.
Who you are
- You're a problem solver. We don't care if you're 3 years out of school or it's been twenty years since you graduated.
- 3+ years of Financial Planning & Analysis or business finance experience in a high-growth environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar STEM field required
- Comfort working with ambiguity, and a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and deliver results
- You are personable, approachable, and able to collaborate constructively with each and every person on the team and throughout the business
- Capable of operating independently - managing relationships, deliverables, and expectations with your business partners
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at building pricing models to help automate and scale, build dashboards for seamless executive reviews
- Highly analytical, strong attention to detail, and an ability to set and meet tight deadlines
- You're a self-starter and get the startup grind. Work will be ambiguous at times, but the challenge of finding order in the chaos and working autonomously if needed excites you. You are proactive and do not need to be micromanaged. In other words, this is not the kind of job where you show up and are told exactly what to do every day.
Compensation and benefits
- This is a full-time role with equity in the company and a competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefit
- Free food and snacks
- Annual company retreat
- Bring your dog to work 🐶
doola is building the OS for the next generation of online businesses. Formation. Legal Docs. EIN. US Address. Bank Account. Payments. Taxes. Website. US Phone Number. $1000s in Software Perks. And More. We handle the operational details. You grow your business. From start to six figures+ in revenue, we're with our companies for the long term.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human entrepreneurship and democratize access to wealth creation by empowering anyone in the world to turn their dream idea into their dream US business.
We're seeing some exciting growth right now. Our product resonates strongly with customers worldwide, and we have worked with entrepreneurs on every continent (except Antarctica, yet!). We're backed by some of the top investors in the world, including Nexus Venture Partners, Harvard Management Company, Y Combinator, and HustleFund, and you'll be an early member of our rapidly growing company. We know we're only scratching the surface of what's possible in terms of the value we know we can provide.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at doola.
doola is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. doola considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. doola is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for talented individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.