Harry’s was conceived with one simple purpose: to make shaving better for guys. We do that by designing, manufacturing and marketing our own line of the highest quality shaving products and selling them to our customers directly on our website (www.harrys.com) at a fraction of the price of similar products in the market. We also care deeply about our customers and seek to deliver them an exceptional experience from the time they hit our website to their 100th interaction with our brand.
Tremendous response from our customers has shown us that we are serving a true need. People deserve quality products and experiences, which is why in January of 2014 we bought our German factory and became the only vertically integrated shaving brand – consolidating the company into Harry's, Inc. We are eager to add talented people and are looking to bring amazing people together to help us change the world, one 5-o-clock shadow at a time.
Provide Human Resources leadership for the German business and deliver Human Resources services, policies, and programs that are consistent with local/global business strategy and which promote organizational growth. Provide leadership to the human resources team in Germany. Design and deliver organizational effectiveness tools based on your own ideas.
The position is a new created role within the German “Harry’s GmbH” and will report directly to the VP of People, who is based in New York. The new job holder acts as business oriented HR generalist, focused on the factory, and will empower the organization to grow in all areas.
What you will do
Talent Acquisition and Development
Develop and implement processes to attract, select, develop and retain talent that provides a competitive advantage for the business.
- External sourcing and selection strategies that build an employer brand and deliver high quality, diverse talent for positions at different levels of the organization.
- Performance management; developing culture and process for feedback and coaching that drives strong business performance and effectively defines individual accountability, rewards performance and supports employee development and growth.
- Develop and implement employee training and development programs that ensure the broad development of organization talent and address critical skill and competency areas required to execute business goals.
- In conjunction with line management produce local annual training plans and ensure these training needs are met in accordance with agreed budget cost.
- Create programs that promote and improve quality and safety across the production team in the factory.
- Work closely with Harry’s NY team to build process and programs that reinforce company values
- Develop policies and programs to promote health and wellness for the German team
Organization Planning & Development
Support the development and lead the implementation of local organizational plans and structural improvements that support the achievement of business goals.
- Organization Design – Contribute to develop effective business processes and organization design. Smooth implementation of organization design with effective change management and communication.
- Ensure that the right employees are in the right roles with transparent, fair and rigorous employee selection.
- Drive identification & development of talents across the organization, and contribute to the People & Capability Review processes.
Coach and counsel management to develop leaders/professionals with the knowledge and skills to meet the needs of the businesses they lead/support.
- Provide HR leadership and management coaching to key managers within the German organization.
- Effective development and coaching of German HR staff.
- Actively participate, collaborate and build positive relationships with other members of the Harry’s NY HR management team.
- Identify opportunities to improve cross-functional cooperation and communication and create tools or processes to support.
Employee & Labor Relations
Lead the development and application of local works agreements, human resources policies and programs. Provide guidance and consultation to managers.
- Individual and team based employee relations solutions that enhance business performance in alignment with Corporate Values.
- Labor relations – support the development and execution of labor relations plans that drive business competitiveness while maintaining positive labor relations. Ensure labor practices are appropriate for the German labor environment and regulations unique to different operating countries.
- Governance – administer human resources policies ensuring consistent application while balancing employee and business needs. Maintain conformance with the Corporate Policies on Business Conduct and employment laws and regulations.
This might describe you
- Ideally 8-10 years HR Generalist experience, preferably in an international industrial environment
- Bachelor or Master degree level in either a Business or HR discipline. Employment law background is a plus.
- Experience as Business Partner at Senior Management level
- Experience with organisational growth and change management
- Experience working in a production environment
- Innovative in delivering new HR solutions; prepared to constructively challenge the “status-quo”
- Experience with design and execution of development programs
- Solid understanding of safety and quality programs
- Experience with labor law and employment relations
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience within a start-up or high growth organization would be a plus
- Strategically thinking skills paired with an operational, hands-on mentality
- Self-motivated and able to manage both, growth and change management processes
- Intercultural understanding
- Proven communicator with ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation and foster cross-functional collaboration
- Able to deal well with ambiguity with ability to prioritize and focus
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to build relationships and trust quickly