Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
- Set the IR strategy and improve processes to increase the effectiveness of communications with institutional shareholders and sell-side analysts
- Oversee and manage quarterly earnings releases and conference calls
- Create and deliver all investor relations materials, including earnings releases, investor conferences and roadshows
- Manage and build the Company’s relationships with institutional investors and sell-side analysts by providing clear, accurate and confident communications
- Identify investors who are underweight Skillz and develop a strategy to target those investors
- Provide feedback and insight to executive management on investor sentiment and market conditions
- Anticipate market reaction to proposed transactions and operating results
- Initiate discussion with sell side analysts to understand their points of view and demonstrate the confidence to confirm or challenge those viewpoints
- Schedule and participate with senior management in industry and research analyst conferences as well as organize an annual analyst day for the financial community
- Provide regular updates to the board of directors on investor activity, stock performance, and peer company comparisons
- Ability to create and analyze financial models to analyze company performance relative to analyst and investor models and to effectively position the Company among its competitors
- High proficiency with Google Docs/Slides/Sheets, iPreo, Carta and Tableau
- Expertise in designing and maintaining an investor web page
- Must have strong work ethic, attention to detail and a desire to produce results
- BS/BA degree required in Finance or Accounting
- 3 to 5 experience in sell-side or buy-side equity research and 5+ years investor relations experience
- Tech industry experience required